News: ABB Ltd (ABBN.VX)
19 Dec 2014
Thu, Dec 18 2014
* Current chairman von Gruenberg has decided to step down
ZURICH, Dec 18 - Swiss engineer ABB said on Thursday its board of directors had nominated Peter Voser to succeed Hubertus von Gruenberg as its chairman, who has decided not to stand for re-election at its annual shareholder meeting next year.
ZURICH/TOKYO - Switzerland's ABB and Hitachi Ltd have set up a joint venture to sell high voltage systems in Japan, looking to benefit from reforms in the electricity industry after the Fukushima disaster.
* Pair hope to profit from Japanese electricity reforms (Recasts, adds details on electricity reforms in Japan)
ZURICH, Dec 16 - Swiss engineering group ABB said on Tuesday it had agreed to set up a joint venture with Hitachi to market high-voltage direct current (HVDC) power transmission equipment in Japan.
* Says wins power orders worth $55 million to strengthen electricity network in India Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)
* Spanish report says 11 EU banks set to fail stress test
ZURICH - Bleaker global growth prospects are keeping Swiss engineer ABB cautious about its prospects, despite a bigger-than-expected rise in third-quarter orders and a return to profit at its troubled power systems business.
* Shares rise 1.8 pct, outperform sector (Adds quotes from interview with CEO, details, shares)
* ABB CEO says aiming for power systems division to also break even in Q4. Further company coverage: (Reporting by Caroline Copley)
- Technical Summary on Electrical Equipment Equities - SolarCity, Sensata Technologies Holding, Rockwell Automation, ABB Ltd, and Babcock and Wilcox
- Technical Coverage on Electrical Equipment Equities - Eaton, Generac Holdings, Emerson Electric, Capstone Turbine, and ABB Ltd
- Technical Notes Covering Heavy Electrical Equipment Equities -- PowerSecure Intl., Babcock and Wilcox, Capstone Turbine, China Ming Yang Wind Power, and ABB Ltd
- Conference Participation, Share Repurchase, New Mobile App, and Partnerships - Research Reports on B/E Aerospace, NVR, Republic Services, Owens Corning and ABB
- Acquisitions, New Products, Dividends, and Delivery Report - Research Reports on ABB, Lincoln Electric, Pall Corporation, ATK and Embraer
- Upgrade Orders, Successful Testing, Cargo Missions, Scheduled Earnings Release, and Recognitions - Research Reports on ABB, GenCorp, DigitalGlobe, Trex and Orbital
- New Project, Conference Calls Schedules, and Appointments - Analyst Notes on ABB, ITT, Meritage Homes, Kennametal and Proto Labs
- Analyst Scanner on Industrials Sector Equities -- Research on ABB Ltd, China Ming Yang Wind Power, General Electric, and Danaher
- Partnerships, Sale Completions, Regulatory Filings, and Contracts - Analyst Notes on ABB, Dover, Manitowoc, ITT and Foster Wheeler
- New Contract, Business Divestitures, Upcoming Conference Calls, and Acquisitions - Analyst Notes on CB&I, ABB, Foster Wheeler, IDEX and B&W