News: ABB Ltd (ABBN.VX)
27 Aug 2014
Thu, Aug 21 2014
ZURICH, Aug 21 - Swiss engineering group ABB has developed technology that can double the power flow of underground cables, making it cheaper to integrate electricity into the grid from distant offshore wind farms.
ZURICH, Aug 20 - Swiss engineering company ABB said on Wednesday it had agreed to sell its Full Service business unit to private equity company Nordic Capital for an undisclosed amount, the latest in a string of divestments of its non-core operations.
* Shares underperform sector index (Adds details on offshore wind, comments from CEO, analyst, shares)
ZURICH, July 23 - ABB still expects its power systems division to break even this year despite racking up losses in the first two quarters, the Swiss engineering company's chief executive said on Wednesday.
July 23 - ABB Ltd : * Shares fall 2.5 percent after results
July 23 - ABB Ltd : * Shares indicated down 2.1 percent - premarket
ZURICH, July 23 - Swiss engineering group ABB posted a bigger-than-expected fall in second-quarter net profit, hit by depreciation and amortisation and a weak performance in its loss-making power systems unit.
ZURICH - Swiss engineering group ABB and Swedish car and bus maker Volvo said they were setting up a global partnership to co-develop and commercialize electric and hybrid buses with fast charging systems.
ZURICH, July 21 - Swiss engineering group ABB and Swedish car and bus maker Volvo said they were setting up a global partnership to co-develop and commercialise electric and hybrid buses with fast charging systems.
* All-cash deal expected to close in third-quarter. (Adds details, background)
- Technical Notes Covering Heavy Electrical Equipment Equities -- PowerSecure Intl., Babcock and Wilcox, Capstone Turbine, China Ming Yang Wind Power, and ABB Ltd
- Conference Participation, Share Repurchase, New Mobile App, and Partnerships - Research Reports on B/E Aerospace, NVR, Republic Services, Owens Corning and ABB
- Acquisitions, New Products, Dividends, and Delivery Report - Research Reports on ABB, Lincoln Electric, Pall Corporation, ATK and Embraer
- Upgrade Orders, Successful Testing, Cargo Missions, Scheduled Earnings Release, and Recognitions - Research Reports on ABB, GenCorp, DigitalGlobe, Trex and Orbital
- New Project, Conference Calls Schedules, and Appointments - Analyst Notes on ABB, ITT, Meritage Homes, Kennametal and Proto Labs
- Analyst Scanner on Industrials Sector Equities -- Research on ABB Ltd, China Ming Yang Wind Power, General Electric, and Danaher
- Partnerships, Sale Completions, Regulatory Filings, and Contracts - Analyst Notes on ABB, Dover, Manitowoc, ITT and Foster Wheeler
- New Contract, Business Divestitures, Upcoming Conference Calls, and Acquisitions - Analyst Notes on CB&I, ABB, Foster Wheeler, IDEX and B&W
- Inventory Expansions, Agreements, Awards, and Test Results - Analyst Notes on GE, 3M, Eaton, Cummins and ABB
- Financial Grants, Conference Calls, New Manufacturing Facilities, Dividends, and Share Repurchase Programs - Analyst Notes on Rockwell, The Babcock & Wilcox, ABB, Actuant and Nordson