News: ABB Ltd (ABBN.VX)
11 Jul 2014
Fri, Jun 27 2014
* All-cash deal expected to close in third-quarter. (Adds details, background)
ZURICH, June 27 - Swiss engineering group ABB said on Friday it would sell its Meyer Steel Structures business to Trinity Industries Inc for $600 million in cash.
SHANGHAI, June 11 - About 500 employees of a factory in southern China owned by Swiss engineering group ABB have gone on strike over compensation and low social insurance contributions by the company, a worker and an activist said on Wednesday.
May 2 - (The following statement was released by the rating agency)
* Second overhaul at the power systems unit in as many years
ZURICH, April 29 - ABB Ltd : * CEO sees no significant change in large order pattern in short term, quite
Shares in ABB drop 5.5 percent to the bottom of Swiss blue-chip index after the group says first-quarter profit tumbles almost a fifth on a weak performance and charges at its power systems unit.
ZURICH, April 29 - ABB Ltd : * Shares fall 6.7 percent after first-quarter results miss expectations
ZURICH - Swiss engineering group ABB said it would embark on further restructuring of its power systems division after weak orders for the unit and charges related to wind and solar power projects led to an unexpected fall in first-quarter profit.
ZURICH, April 29 - ABB Ltd : * Shares indicated down 3.4 percent after posts unexpected fall in first
- Partnerships, Sale Completions, Regulatory Filings, and Contracts - Analyst Notes on ABB, Dover, Manitowoc, ITT and Foster Wheeler
- New Contract, Business Divestitures, Upcoming Conference Calls, and Acquisitions - Analyst Notes on CB&I, ABB, Foster Wheeler, IDEX and B&W
- Inventory Expansions, Agreements, Awards, and Test Results - Analyst Notes on GE, 3M, Eaton, Cummins and ABB
- Financial Grants, Conference Calls, New Manufacturing Facilities, Dividends, and Share Repurchase Programs - Analyst Notes on Rockwell, The Babcock & Wilcox, ABB, Actuant and Nordson
- Early Briefing on Industrials Sector Equities -- Research on Precision Castparts, ABB Ltd, Babcock and Wilcox, and General Electric
- Leadership Appointments, Dividend Authorizations, and Earnings Results - Analyst Notes on ABB, Nordson, Babcock & Wilcox, ITT and Rexnord
- Quarterly Dividends, Prestigious Recognitions, and Acquisition Agreements - Analyst Notes on ITW, ABB, B&W, Lennox and AMETEK
- Industrials Sector Stocks Technical Data -- Research on Raytheon, Cintas, ABB Ltd, and Verisk Analytics
- Dividend Declaration, Financial Results, Divestitures, and Council Invitations - Analyst Notes on Eaton, Roper, ABB, Crane and Nordson
- Earnings Release Dates For this Week -- Research on UDR Inc., ABB Ltd, LKQ Corp., and MoneyGram Intl.