Anheuser Busch Inbev SA (ABI.BR)
24 Jun 2016
Thu, Jun 23 2016
* S.African authorities have given conditional approval to deal
JOHANNESBURG, June 7 South Africa's Competition Tribunal will hold hearings over the proposed $100 billion-plus merger by brewer Anheuser-Busch Inbev and SABMiller in June, it said on Tuesday.
* Provides details on its proposal to enhance SAB's broad-based black economic empowerment scheme ("Zenzele" / "Zenzele Scheme"
June 1 The U.S. Justice Department is set to approve Anheuser-Busch InBev SA's takeover of SABMiller Plc later this month, in an agreement that may include measures to keep the merged entity from edging craft brewers out of the market, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
* U.S. Justice Department is close to approving AB InBev-Sabmiller deal - Bloomberg, citing sources
BRIEF-SABMiller says S.Africa's Competition Commission has recommended Ab Inbev deal with conditions
* Competition Commission of South Africa makes recommendation to the Competition Tribunal
* South African Reserve Bank grants exchange control approval for proposed combination between AB InBev and SABMiller Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 80 6749 1136)
WASHINGTON U.S. antitrust officials are investigating Anheuser-Busch InBev over its new incentives that encourage independent distributors to sell more of its own beer brands at the expense of competing craft brews, two people with knowledge of the matter said.
* "With this clearance, we remain firmly on track for a closing in second half of 2016" - CEO of AB InBev.
SAO PAULO, May 12 Brazilian drinks company Ambev SA agreed to hand off operations in Peru, Colombia and Ecuador to its parent company Anheuser-Busch InBev SA , according to a securities filing on Thursday.
- BRACE Yourself: Molson Coors Plausible Catalyst
- Tough Mudder Takes on New Markets With Some Extreme Partnerships
- SAB Miller And Molson Coors Looking Like Attractive Merger And Acquisition Targets
- Slim Lizzy?s Cocktails Serves up Lo-Cal Good Times
- Business Bankruptcies: 2011 Will Likely Follow 2010 Lower
- They Just Don't Get Beer!