News: Abbott Laboratories (ABT)
22 Aug 2014
Thu, Aug 7 2014
- Political opposition to tax-inversion deals will not stop Mylan Inc's purchase of some non-U.S. businesses from Abbott Laboratories , Chief Executive Heather Bresch said, even as some companies have backed away from such tax arrangements.
* CEO: Tax-inversion deals do not stop companies paying US taxes
- Abbott Laboratories Inc reported better-than-expected quarterly earnings on Wednesday as demand for its recently-recalled infant formulas began to recover and profit margins improved for other business segments.
July 16 - Abbott Laboratories : * CEO, in conference call, says growth for nutritional products, pharmaceuticals
PARIS - Sanofi has held talks with Abbott Laboratories , Mylan and private equity firms over the possible sale of a 6.3 billion euro ($8.5 billion) portfolio of mature drugs, according to an internal document seen by Reuters.
* Portfolio has sales of 2.1 bln eur, enterprise value 6.3 bln eur
PARIS, July 16 - Sanofi has held talks with Abbott Laboratories, Mylan and private equity firms over the possible sale of a 6.3 billion euro ($8.5 billion) portfolio of mature drugs, according to an internal document seen by Reuters.
- Generic drugmaker Mylan Inc said on Monday it would buy Abbott Laboratories' branded specialty and generics business in developed markets outside the United States in a $5.3 billion deal that will bolster its product line and also cut its tax bill.
- Abbott Laboratories <ABT.N) said on Monday it is interested in bolstering its line of medical devices, but it was becoming increasingly difficult to find appropriate and affordable products.
(Adds analyst comments, details of deal, company background, stock prices)
- Kinder Morgan Inadvertently Names A 'Dividend Growth Starter Kit'
- Johnson & Johnson vs. Abbott Laboratories in the Battle for Emerging Market Turf
- Abaxis And The Point Of Care Trend
- Abbott To Develop Portable Blood Tests For Concussions
- Constructing A Monthly Income Portfolio
- Why Tax Inversions Won't Go Away
- Collaborations, New Contract, Dividend Declaration, and Capacity Expansion - Research Reports on Abbott, CB&I, Weyerhaeuser, Cardinal Health and SolarCity
- Abbott Commences Tender Offer for All Outstanding Ordinary Shares and American Depositary Shares of CFR Pharmaceuticals S.A.
- Health Care Equipment Equities Ahead of Market -- Medtronic, Abbott Laboratories, Zimmer Holdings, Stryker, and EnteroMedics
- Abbott Joins Forces with U.S. Department of Defense to Develop Portable Blood Tests for Evaluating Concussions
- New Business Unit, Technology Launch, Quarterly Earnings, Closing of Loans, and Expanded Support - Research Reports on AB InBev, TRW, Discover Financial, PNC and Abbott
- Access to Abbott's MitraClip® System Expands in the U.S. with Medicare National Coverage Determination
- New Product Launch, New Board Member, Major Contracts, Successful Testing, and Grants - Research Reports on Abbott, Illumina, General Dynamics, Raytheon and Northrop Grumman
- Abbott to Showcase Innovations to Help Labs Solve Health Care Challenges at the American Association for Clinical Chemistry Lab Expo
- Abbott Introduces New Similac® Breastfeeding Supplement with DHA, Lutein and Vitamin E
- Health Care Equipment Equities Technical Notes -- Medtronic, Abbott Laboratories, Stryker, Zimmer Holdings, and EnteroMedics