Barrick Gold Corp (ABX.TO)
19 May 2017
Tue, May 16 2017
* Says it scraps share private placement plan to fund acquisition of Barrick Gold Corp's Veladero mine
SAN JUAN, ArgentinaBarrick Gold Corp failed to complete improvements to the Veladero mine in Argentina that could have prevented the third spill of cyanide solution in 18 months, leading to eventual sanctions for the world's biggest gold miner, a judge told Reuters.
Barrick Gold gave details on Tuesday of $500 million worth of improvements and expansions it is planning at its Veladero mine in Argentina over the next five years, on a day when its stock price sank 11 percent on disappointing earnings.
* Sets quarterly dividend of $0.03 per share Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
April 25 Barrick Gold Corp has earmarked $500 million over five years for upgrades and expansions to its Veladero mine in Argentina, chief operating officer Richard Williams said on Tuesday, four weeks after a third cyanide solution spill at the mine.
* President Dushnisky: third cyanide solution spill in 18 months at Barrick Veladero mine in Argentina was "completely unacceptable to us"
Barrick Gold reported weaker-than-expected quarterly earnings on Monday and also slashed its forecast for output and hiked costs at its gold mine in Argentina, where cyanide solution spilled recently for the third time in 18 months.
April 24 Barrick Gold reported weaker-than-expected quarterly earnings on Monday and also slashed its forecast for output and hiked costs at its gold mine in Argentina, where cyanide solution spilled recently for the third time in 18 months.
* Barrick Gold Corp says total debt was reduced by $178 million in Q1
April 24 Barrick Gold Corp, the world's largest gold miner, reported a first-quarter profit on Monday compared to a loss a year ago helped by the reversal of impairment charges related to its Cerro Casale gold-copper project in Chile after the recent sale of a 25-percent stake in it. The Toronto-based miner said its net earnings for the quarter were $679 million, or 58 cents a share, compared with a net loss of $83 million, or 7 cents a share in the three-month period a year ago. (Re
- My 3 Gold Miners For The Long Term: Complete Analysis Of The First Quarter 2017 Results
- Randgold Should Get Serious About China, Not The Next China
- IAMGOLD Stock Is Surging: Is It A Good Time To Buy?
- The Aftermath Of The French Elections: Revisiting Investment Plays
- Resource Sector Digest: Yukon Revival
- Yamana Gold: This Time $2.50 Might Not Hold