Barrick Gold Corp (ABX.TO)
27 Feb 2017
Thu, Feb 16 2017
* Six of the TSX's 10 main groups were higher (Updates to close, adds analyst comment, byline)
OTTAWA, Feb 16 Canada's main stock index ended slightly higher on Thursday as Barrick Gold Corp jumped on the company's better-than-expected profits, though that was offset by a drop in Sun Life, which reported a decline in earnings.
* Barrick Gold Corp files for mixed shelf of up to $4 billion - SEC filing Source text: (http://bit.ly/2kO39C5)
* Barrick Gold to unify Cortez and Goldstrike operations in Nevada into single business unit in 2017 -President Kelvin Dushnisky
TORONTO Barrick Gold Corp reported better-than-expected profits and ambitious debt reduction plans on Wednesday, saying its balance sheet is now healthy enough to boost dividends and exploration spending.
TORONTO, Feb 15 Barrick Gold Corp reported better-than-expected profits and ambitious debt reduction plans on Wednesday, saying its balance sheet is now healthy enough to boost dividends and exploration spending.
* Barrick - Initiated a prefeasibility study to evaluate construction of an underground mine at Lama, on Argentinean side of Pascua-Lama Project
* Barrick Gold Corp - Increase in company's quarterly dividend from $0.02 cents per share to $0.03 per share. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Barrick Gold Corp - for 2017, production guidance is 5.60-5.90 million ounces of gold, at a cost of sales applicable to gold of $780-$820 per ounce
TORONTO, Feb 15 Barrick Gold Corp said on Wednesday that fourth-quarter profits rose from last year, reflecting further cost cuts and a rise in metal prices, as the world's largest gold miner increased its dividend and planned to further pare its debt.