News: Arch Coal Inc (ACI)
9 Dec 2013
Thu, Oct 31 2013
- Alpha Natural Resources Inc joined rival Arch Coal Inc in forecasting lower mining costs for the year as it reins in spending to cope with weak coal prices.
* Cuts 2013 capital budget to $260 mln-$290 mln from $275 mln-$325 mln
- U.S. coal miner Arch Coal Inc on Tuesday reported disappointing third-quarter results and cut its production outlook for steelmaking coal for the second time this year while rival CONSOL Energy Inc reported earnings that slightly topped estimates due to strict cost controls.
Oct 29 - Arch Coal Inc reported a quarterly net loss due to weak prices of coal used to make steel.
(Corrects first bullet and 5th paragraph to reflect that Peabody's contribution will fund healthcare only, not healthcare and pensions)
- Patriot Coal Corp said it settled all health and pension-related claims against Peabody Energy Corp in exchange for key funding, which would help the company emerge out of chapter 11 bankruptcy by the end of the year.
- Arch Coal Inc reported a bigger quarterly loss before special items on Tuesday on a drop in metallurgical coal prices and cut its sales forecast for the steelmaking ingredient, sending its shares down 3 percent.
(Adds lower sales forecast for met coal, executive's comments on conference call, share price move)
July 30 - Arch Coal Inc reported a wider adjusted net loss on Tuesday on a drop in metallurgical coal prices, though the coal miner said the outlook for the U.S. thermal coal market was improving.
* Purchase matches 2011 move by rival Gunvor (Adds bullets, detail on Trafigura role, share price jump)
- Arch Coal's Leer Mine Reaches Major Milestone with Start-Up of Longwall
- Budget Approvals, M&A Activities, Financing Transactions, New Joint Ventures, and Assay Results - Research Report on Vale, CONSOL Energy, Arch Coal, Harsco, and Pretium
- Arch Coal, Inc. Announces Launch of Amendments to Credit Facility, Term Loan B Financing and a Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation for the 8.750% Senior Notes due 2016
- Pre-Market Analysis: Vale S.A., Alpha Natural Resources Inc., Molycorp Inc., and Arch Coal Inc.
- Arch Coal Earns Sentinels of Safety Award as Safest Coal Facility in United States
- Early Briefing and Review: Vale S.A., Alpha Natural Resources Inc., Arch Coal Inc., and Molycorp Inc.
- Arch Coal, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2013 Results
- Financial Results, Earnings Release Schedules, Coal Reserve Acquisitions, and Product Launches - Research Report on Alpha Natural Resources, Peabody Energy, Arch Coal, Molycorp, and Harsco
- Arch Coal (NYSE:ACI) Announces Quarterly Dividend
- Arch's West Elk Mine Reaches Significant Safety Milestone; Employees Take Honors at National Mine Safety Competition