Analog Devices Inc (ADI.OQ)
BRIEF-Analog Devices announces new $5 bln term loan facility in connection with proposed acquisition of Linear Technology Corporation
* Analog Devices announces new $5 billion term loan facility and $1 billion upsized revolving credit facility in connection with proposed acquisition of Linear Technology Corporation
LONDON The slower than expected syndication of a US$7.5bn senior acquisition loan, which is part of a US$11.6bn financing backing Analog Devices’ US$14.8bn acquisition of chipmaker Linear Technology , shows that banks are finding it harder to make returns work on drawn acquisition term loans.
* Q3 earnings per share view $0.76 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
SAN FRANCISCO Analog Devices Inc said on Tuesday it would buy fellow chipmaker Linear Technology Corp for about $14.8 billion, the latest deal in a wave of consolidation that has swept the semiconductor industry in the past two years.
* Analog Devices Inc rating is lowered to 'BBB' from 'A-' on acquisition plan; outlook negative
* Sees Q3 diluted earnings per share to be in range of $0.71 to $0.72
* Q2 earnings per share view $0.62 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S