Aegon NV (AEGN.AS)
9 Dec 2016
Thu, Nov 10 2016
* Higher U.S. interest rates, less regulation seen as positives
AMSTERDAM Dutch insurer Aegon NV reported a fall in third-quarter earnings on Thursday, as higher life insurance claims in the United States outweighed benefits from cost-cutting.
AMSTERDAM, Nov 10 Aegon NV on Thursday reported a fall in third-quarter earnings, as the negative impact from lower interest rates and lower death rates in the U.S. outweighed benefits from cost-cutting and favourable equity markets.
* Reports net income of 358 million euros ($391.51 million) in Q3 2016
* Signs 13 year contract with Aegon in UK Source text: http://bit.ly/2dIP5q1 Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)
* Will repurchase 30,765,224 common shares to neutralize dilutive effect of 2016 interim stock dividend Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom:)
* Has entered into an agreement to sell 100% of its shares of Aegon Life Ukraine to TAS group, and will exit the Ukrainian market.
* Announces that chief financial officer Darryl Button will leave company on Dec. 1, 2016. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)
AMSTERDAM, Aug 11 Dutch-based insurer Aegon NV is reviewing parts of its business in the United States, it said on Thursday, after reporting second-quarter earnings that missed estimates, partly due to adverse claims in the U.S.
* Announces acquisition of Cofunds from Legal & General for GBP 140 million (164 million euros)
- PRO Weekly Digest: Revisiting Healthcare Ideas, Plus Some Of Our Top Articles This Week
- New Oral Psoriasis Drug Tops Cellceutix Catalysts
- Biotech Forum Daily Digest: Biotech Has Tough Week; Will Conference Buoy Immunotherapy Concerns?
- Gilead Sciences: Waiting For NASH Or For Acquisitions?
- Allergan: Low Enough To Like, Or Valeant-Lite?
- Biotech Forum Daily Digest: New Positives For Vascular Biogenics, Spotlight On Achaogen