News: Aegon NV (AEGN.AS)
27 Mar 2015
Thu, Mar 26 2015
FRANKFURT - Rock-bottom interest rates could erode insurers' earnings power and financial strength for years to come, putting an end to a string of stronger-than-expected rises in dividends, analysts said in reports published on Thursday.
AMSTERDAM, Feb 19 - Dutch insurer Aegon reported better than expected fourth-quarter earnings on Thursday, boosted by investment gains as the company sold off assets in preparation for Europe's new Solvency II capital rules which come into force next year.
AMSTERDAM, Feb 19 - Dutch insurer Aegon reported better-than-expected earnings on Thursday for the fourth quarter on a mix of growth in its businesses, the stronger U.S. dollar and investment gains.
* In the fourth quarter of 2014, total sales were up 22 percent to eur 2.1 billion
* Aegon and La Banque Postale have entered into exclusive talks to form a strategic asset management partnership in France
* Says gets insurance regulator's approval to acquire 50 percent stake in Aegon-CNOOC Life Insurance
* Reached an agreement to sell its 35 pct share in La Mondiale participations to La Mondiale for EUR 350 million
* Shares fall as much as 8 percent (Adds CFO interview, analyst comments)
AMSTERDAM, Nov 13 - Dutch insurer Aegon posted 47 percent lower underlying pretax profit of 291 million euros ($362 million) for the third quarter on Thursday, largely due to changes in U.S. mortality rates, missing analyst forecasts.
* Underlying earnings amount to 291 million eur, impacted mainly by actuarial assumption changes
- Merger Arbitrage Mondays - March 23, 2015
- Trend Is Not Your Friend - Cramer's Mad Money (3/17/15)
- Apple Pushes Nasdaq Into Positive as Dow Drops Triple Digits
- Commodities Today: More Bearish Calls For Oil And Precious Metals, Airlines Rally On Lower Oil Prices
- Actavis Has More Upside With Allergan Acquisition Says Cramer
- The Best Stocks To Buy This Week
- Insurance Equities Technical Review -- Genworth Financial, Marsh and McLennan Cos., Aegon, Willis Group Holdings, and Arthur J.Gallagher
- Aegon Publishes 2014 Annual Report and 2014 Review
- Aegon Completes Sale of Equity Stake in La Mondiale Participations
- Aegon Reports Higher Earnings and Sales for Q4 2014
- Technical Commentary on Insurance Stocks - Genworth Financial, Old Republic Intl., Chubb, Willis Group Holdings, and Aegon
- A.M. Best Affirms Ratings of Aegon N.V.’s U.S. Subsidiaries
- Life and Health Insurance Equities Movers and Shakers - MetLife, Prudential Financial, Lincoln National, Principal Financial, and Aegon
- Aegon and La Banque Postale Enter Into Exclusive Talks to Form Asset Management Partnership
- Technical Report on Insurance Stocks - Aflac, CNO Financial, Aegon N.V., AmTrust Financial Services, and Axis Capital Holdings
- Aegon to Sell its Stake in La Mondiale Participations