Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd (AEM.TO)
Wed, Feb 15 2017
Feb 15 Agnico Eagle Mines said on Wednesday it would invest more than $1.2 billion in building a gold mine in Canada's Arctic and expanding another, making it one of the few gold companies to be constructing mines at a time when industry output is shrinking.
* Agnico Eagle reports fourth quarter and full year 2016 results - Meliadine and Amaruq projects approved for development; annual gold production expected to grow to 2.0 million ounces in 2020
Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd said an employee of a local contractor died in an accident at their Kittila mine in northern Finland on Thursday.
* Agnico Eagle reports third quarter 2016 results: strong operational performance continues; ongoing exploration yields positive results at Amaruq, Sisar Zone at Kittila, Olmeca zone at El Barqueno and Barsele Project in Sweden
* Agnico Eagle announces entering into of voting support agreement
* Agnico Eagle provides a fifth operational progress update on Barsele Au-VMS project Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
- Tracking John Paulson's Paulson & Company Portfolio - Q4 2016 Update
- Resource Sector Digest: Gold At $1230/oz, What's Next?
- Agnico Eagle - All You Need To Know About The Q4 2016 Results (Graphs Included)
- Agnico Eagle Mines' (AEM) CEO Sean Boyd on Q4 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Agnico Eagle Mines Limited 2016 Q4 - Results - Earnings Call Slides
- Agnico Eagle: The Future Is Bright