News: Ageas SA NV (AGES.BR)
27 May 2016
Mon, May 23 2016
* Fortis settlement agreement submitted today to the Amsterdam court of appeal
BRUSSELS, May 19 Belgian insurance group Ageas on Thursday reported a better-than-expected net profit for the first quarter, as gains from a real estate transaction offset losses related to the Brussels bombings.
* Announces additional support for Fortis settlement Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)
* Q1 month life net profit attrib. to shareholders 143.1 million euros ($160.43 million) versus 147.5 million euros year ago
* Resignation with effect from April 16, 2016 for personal reasons Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) LONDON, March 15 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has upgraded Ageas SA/NV's Long term Issuer Default Rating (IDR) to 'A' from 'A-'. The Outlook on the IDR is Stable. Ageas SA/NV is the ultimate holding company of the Ageas group (Ageas). Fitch has also affirmed Ageas Insurance International NV's (an intermediate holding company) Long-term IDR at 'A'. The agency has further affirmed AG Insurance's and Ageas Insurance Limited's Insurer Financia
BRUSSELS, March 14 Ageas, the insurer left over after the collapse of the Dutch-Belgian financial group Fortis, said on Monday it had agreed to settle all outstanding Fortis legal claims for 1.2 billion euros ($1.3 billion).
BRUSSELS, March 14 Ageas, the insurer left over after the collapse of the Belgian financial group Fortis, said on Monday it had reached an agreement with shareholder groups to settle all outstanding Fortis claims for 1.2 billion euros ($1.3 billion).
* Ageas, Deminor, Stichting Fortiseffect, Sicaf and Veb Reach agreement aiming at settling all Fortis civil legacies
* Announced on Monday that Towergate, Arista and Ageas signed new strategic partnership which sees Ageas provide capacity for £60 million ($85.45 million) each year for next five years