News: Allergan Inc (AGN)
23 Jan 2015
Thu, Jan 15 2015
SAN FRANCISCO - Allergan Inc Chief Executive David Pyott is close to joining the board of directors of Actavis Plc , which reached a deal to buy the Botox-maker for $66 billion in November, three people familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
BOSTON - Hedge fund mogul William Ackman told investors they could see a $6 billion payday when he closes the chapter on Allergan Inc., his firm's biggest bet of 2014.
(Adds details from Ackman's letter about other investments)
BOSTON, Nov 26 - Hedge fund manager William Ackman told investors in a letter that his firm still owns 26.6 million shares in Allergan Inc. which were valued at $5.6 billion one week after the Botox maker agreed to sell itself to rival pharmaceutical company Actavis Plc.
- Generic drugmaker Actavis Plc is planning to cut employees and expand in China, a Bloomberg report said citing an interview by Chief Executive Officer Brent Saunders on Bloomberg Television.
(Corrects first bullet point to remove incorrect reference to Valeant's prior stake in Allergan)
- (Refiles Nov. 20 story to correct reference to previous stake)
Nov 20 - Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc said it cut its stake in Allergan Inc to 0.1 percent, three days after Actavis Plc trumped its offer for the Botox maker.
NEW YORK - After months of fending off a hostile bid, Allergan Inc Chief Executive David Pyott made the right call in selling to rival Actavis Plc , whose stock price could nearly double in the next two years, a prominent investor said on Wednesday.
- 10 Stocks Billionaire John Paulson Loves: DirecTV, AbbVie and More
- S&P 500 Q4 Review: Utilities And Health Care Were The Top Sectors In 2014
- A Look At Actavis
- Digging Deeper: Outperforming Stocks In The Leading Health Care Sector
- Comparing America's 3 Largest Drug Manufacturers/Other Companies
- Five Developments to Watch in 2015 as Activism Gains Steam
- Lieff Cabraser Announces Class Action Litigation Against Allergan Inc. - AGN
- Pre-Market Pulse on Pharma Stocks - Teva Pharma Industries, Allergan, Endo Intl., Akorn, and Depomed
- Actavis and Allergan Announce Early Termination of Hart-Scott-Rodino Waiting Period for Actavis' Pending Acquisition of Allergan and Record Dates for Shareholder Meetings
- Actavis and Allergan Announce Early Termination of Hart-Scott-Rodino Waiting Period for Actavis’ Pending Acquisition of Allergan and Record Dates for Shareholder Meetings
- AGN SHAREHOLDER ALERT: LEVI & KORSINSKY, LLP Notifies Investors of Class Action Involving Allergan, Inc. and Its Board of Directors and a Lead Plaintiff Deadline of February 16, 2015 -- AGN
- Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Announces Investigation on Behalf of Investors Who Sold Allergan, Inc. Common Stock Between February 25, 2014 and April 21, 2014
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Investors Who Sold Allergan, Inc. Common Stock Between February 25, 2014 and April 21, 2014 Are Encouraged to Contact Glancy Binkow & Goldberg LLP
- COTCHETT, PITRE & McCARTHY, LLP Files Class Action Lawsuit on Behalf of Persons Who Sold Allergan Stock Between February 25, 2014 and April 21, 2014
- BOTTINI & BOTTINI, INC. Files Class Action Lawsuit On Behalf Of Persons Who Sold Allergan Stock Between February 25, 2014 And April 21, 2014
- Pharma Equities Technical Analysis -- GlaxoSmithKline, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, Endo Intl., and Allergan