Aixtron SE (AIXG.O)
2 Dec 2016
Sat, Dec 3 2016
FRANKFURT German semiconductor equipment maker Aixtron will explore with its Chinese suitor what can be salvaged of the planned takeover after a U.S. presidential order ruled the deal posed a national security risk, the company said on Saturday.
FRANKFURT/WASHINGTON President Barack Obama blocked a Chinese investment fund from acquiring the U.S. business of German semiconductor equipment maker Aixtron because the deal posed a risk to American national security, the Treasury Department said on Friday.
FRANKFURT Aixtron will have to take action to balance income and costs, including potential job cuts, if U.S. President Barack Obama blocks its takeover by China's Fujian Grand Chip Investment Fund (FGC).
BERLIN Germany's Economy Ministry declined to comment on Friday on a report that U.S. President Barack Obama was poised to block the sale of chip maker Aixtron to a Chinese firm and said its own independent review is ongoing.
Nov 21 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 1500 GMT on Monday:
FRANKFURT/BERLIN Concerns over China gaining access to the secrets of producing a little known material used in military equipment appear to be behind the U.S. block on a 670 million-euro ($713 million) Chinese bid for German chip equipment maker Aixtron .
* Aixtron shares down 6.6 pct after hitting 6-month low (Recasts and writes through, adds experts on gallium nitride, updates shares)
FRANKFURT, Nov 21 German chip equipment maker Aixtron said on Monday it had factual arguments to overcome U.S. and German concerns about its being bought by a Chinese consortium.
* says CFIUS informed GCI and Aixtron that there are unresolved U.S. National security concerns regarding proposed transaction
* Says as a result of expected acquisition of aixtron se by grand chip investment gmbh, tendered share line of aixtron se (isin de000a2bpyt0) in index will be deleted and replaced with prior aixtron se share line (isin de000a0wmpj6)
- With Dividends, AT&T Deal Offers 12% IRR
- Wall Street Breakfast: Non-Farm Payrolls In Focus
- The Supplier's Supplier
- A Strong U.S. Dollar Is Artificially Inflating Semiconductor Equipment Growth
- Kuka: Stock Price Implies 99% Probability That Berlin Will Revoke Merger Approval
- AIXTRON Aktiengesellschaft's (AIXG) CEO Martin Goetzeler on Q3 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript