Akorn Inc (AKRX.O)
23 Jun 2017
Tue, Apr 25 2017
FRANKFURT German healthcare group Fresenius SE & Co KGaA has stepped up its dealmaking, agreeing to buy U.S. generic drugmaker Akorn Inc for $4.75 billion (4.37 billion euros) and the biosimilars arm of Germany's Merck KGaA.
* Fresenius shares up almost 1 percent (Adds advisers, shares, background, CEO, analyst comments)
* Akorn - deal with Fresenius Kabi provides under specified circumstances, co to be required to pay Fresenius Kabi AG termination fee of $129 million Source text: (http://bit.ly/2oEMWQV) Further company coverage:
FRANKFURT, April 24 Acquisitive German healthcare conglomerate Fresenius SE & Co KGaA revved up its deals pace by acquiring U.S. generic drugmaker Akorn Inc for $4.75 billion (4.37 billion euros), and in a separate deal, the biosimilars unit of German peer Merck KGaA .
German healthcare conglomerate Fresenius SE & Co KGaA is close to acquiring generic drugmaker Akorn Inc in an all-cash deal valuing the company at more than $4 billion, people familiar with the matter said on Monday.
Generic drugmaker Akorn Inc must pay $20.5 million in a lawsuit by a Georgia teacher who accused the company of failing to warn that one of its products would react adversely with another medication she was already taking, a state court jury has ruled.
German healthcare group Fresenius SE & Co KGaA said on Friday that it was in talks with the generic drugmaker Akorn Inc for a potential takeover.
April 7 German healthcare group Fresenius SE & Co KGaA said on Friday that it was in talks with the generic drugmaker Akorn Inc for a potential takeover.
* Akorn Inc- Akorn is currently in discussions with Fresenius Kabi, a subsidiary of Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA concerning a potential acquisition of Akorn Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
April 7 German healthcare group Fresenius SE & Co KGaA is weighing a bid for generic drugmaker Akorn Inc, Bloomberg reported on Friday, citing people familiar with the matter.
- Indivior Treads Forward In Opioid Addiction Market
- Drug Distributors Revisited
- Tracking John Paulson's Paulson & Company Portfolio - Q1 2017 Update
- Fresenius Medical (FMS) Acquires Akorn (AKRX) And Merck KGaA's (MKGAF) Biosimilars Business - Slideshow
- Biotech Forum Daily Digest: Biogen Kicks Off Earning Season In Style - Spotlight On Cytosorbents
- Risk Arbitrage Today: 25% Think FTC Will Reject Rite Aid Deal