News: Applied Materials Inc (AMAT.O)
22 May 2013
Thu, May 16 2013
SAN FRANCISCO - Applied Materials , a maker of equipment used to manufacture chips, said on Thursday that demand for smartphone chips will help increase its revenues slightly in the current quarter and offset slowing demand from manufacturers hurt by slumping PC sales.
SAN FRANCISCO, May 16 - Applied Materials , a maker of equipment used to manufacture chips, said on Thursday that demand for smartphone chips will help increase its revenues slightly in the current quarter and offset slowing demand from manufacturers hurt by slumping PC sales.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama launched a campaign to promote his signature 2010 healthcare overhaul on Friday in the face of harsh criticism from congressional Republicans who say the program will raise costs and hurt hiring.
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb 26 - Top chip manufacturing equipment maker Applied Materials Inc announced the appointment of Bob Halliday as its new chief financial officer, after its previous CFO moved over to Qualcomm.
- Applied Materials Inc , the world's largest chip gear maker, posted better-than-expected quarterly results driven by the popularity of smartphones and tablets, and forecast earnings ahead of analysts' estimates for the current quarter.
* Sees second-quarter revenue up 15-25 pct from first quarter
Feb 12 - Chip gear maker Applied Materials Inc , the world's largest chip gear maker, posted higher-than-expected quarterly results as demand for its display and semiconductor products picked up, and forecast current-quarter results largely ahead of analysts' estimates as smartphones and tablets drive sales.
Feb 12 - Chip gear maker Applied Materials' first-quarter profit fell 71 percent, hurt by lower orders.
NEW YORK, Feb 13 - Applied Materials Inc : * Shares were up 1.5 percent after the bell following results
SAN FRANCISCO - Applied Materials, the top manufacturer of equipment for chip makers, on Wednesday named a new executive to head up two poorly performing non-core businesses - solar and display - though it said the business groups are not themselves being combined.
- Applied's Growth Accelerates With A Strong Q2 2013
- Intel, TSMC And Samsung Are Driving Semiconductor Capital Spending In 2013
- 3 Predictions for Next Week
- Steady Dividend Growth And Strong Earnings Are Why I'm Long Applied Materials
- Applied Materials Beats on Both Top and Bottom Lines
- 4 Tech Stocks to Trade (or Not)
- Applied Materials to Present at Upcoming Investor Conferences
- Applied Materials Announces Second Quarter Results
- Top Tech Analyst Previews Earnings for Cisco Systems, Applied Materials and TowerJazz Semiconductor
- Applied Materials to Hold Q2 FY2013 Earnings Call on May 16, 2013 at 4:30 p.m. ET
- Morning Research on Applied Materials, Cree, United Microelectronics, KLA-Tencor, and Entegris
- Applied Materials Receives Intel's Preferred Quality Supplier Award
- Top Tech Analyst Publishes State of Tech Report, Issues Investor Updates and Revised Price Targets on 71 Companies, Including Hewlett-Packard, Corning, Dell, Applied Materials, and Texas Instruments
- Applied Materials' Randhir Thakur Named IEEE Fellow for Groundbreaking Contributions to Microchip Fabrication
- Today's Research on Applied Materials, KLA-Tencor, United Microelectronics, and Entegris
- A Forward Look, The Year Ahead - Research Report on Alaska Air Group, Inc., Kaiser Aluminum Corp., Vale SA, KLA-Tencor Corporation and Applied Materials, Inc.