News: Alpha Natural Resources Inc (ANR)
14 Mar 2014
Wed, Mar 5 2014
(Adds detail of complaint, DOJ comment, company response, background on recent spills, share price)
WASHINGTON, March 5 - Alpha Natural Resources Inc. , one of the largest U.S. coal companies, and dozens of subsidiaries have reached a consent decree to settle a complaint about pollution from coal mines, federal authorities said on Wednesday.
* Says lower inventory, higher natural gas prices to help demand
Feb 12 - U.S. coal miner Alpha Natural Resources reported a bigger fourth-quarter loss, hurt by weak coal prices and a fall in shipments.
BOSTON, Dec 9 - Massachusetts on Monday announced a $265 million deal with Alpha Appalachia Holdings Inc to settle allegations that the coal miner artificially inflated its stock price by misrepresenting its safety record ahead of a deadly 2010 mine explosion.
Nov 18 - Alpha Natural Resources Inc : * Citigroup cuts to sell from neutral - Theflyonthewall.com For a summary of rating and price target changes on U.S. companies: Reuters Eikon users, click on Reuters 3000Xtra users, double-click Thomson ONE users, type in RT/RCH/US For a summary of rating and price target changes on Canadian companies: Reuters Eikon users, click on Reuters 3000Xtra users, double-click Thomson ONE users, type in RT/RCH/CA
- Alpha Natural Resources Inc joined rival Arch Coal Inc in forecasting lower mining costs for the year as it reins in spending to cope with weak coal prices.
* Cuts 2013 capital budget to $260 mln-$290 mln from $275 mln-$325 mln
Oct 31 - U.S. coal miner Alpha Natural Resources Inc reported a wider quarterly loss, hurt by lower coal prices and shipments.
- Depressed Coal Stocks' Valuations Justified Due To Prevalent Difficult Business Conditions
- Why Alpha Natural Resources (ANR) Is Down Today
- The Return Of King Coal And The Stocks To Play The Rebound
- Alpha Natural Resources - Holding Is Best Option As Near-Term Met Coal Market Outlook Remains Dodgy
- Arch Coal: Thermal Market Improving But Met Coal Remains Weak
- Alpha Natural Resources: Sluggish Met Coal Market Continues To Impact Results
- Technical Data - Most Active Stocks: Safeway, Alpha Natural Resources, Turquoise Hill Resources, and Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold
- Alpha Natural Resources Concludes Comprehensive Environmental Agreement
- Alpha Natural Resources to Participate in Upcoming Investor Conferences
- Alpha Natural Resources Announces Results for Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013
- U.S. Attorney Closes Upper Big Branch Non-Prosecution Agreement Following Full Compliance by Alpha Natural Resources
- Alpha Natural Resources Subsidiary to Open London Office; Vice President Named to Lead Effort
- Alpha Natural Resources Recognized for Environmental Stewardship
- Awards for Safety Excellence go to 18 Alpha Natural Resources Affiliate Operations in West Virginia
- Alpha Natural Resources Announces Availability of Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Financial Results
- Post-Market Data Analysis: Alpha Natural Resources, Arch Coal, Vale, and Molycorp