News: Alpha Natural Resources Inc (ANR)
26 Dec 2014
Thu, Oct 30 2014
* Costs cuts help companies post smaller-than-expected losses
Oct 30 - Coal miner Alpha Natural Resources Inc halved its quarterly loss as cost cutting helped it offset lower prices and shipments.
CORRECTED-BRIEF-Alpha Natural Resources unit, on August 25, received an imminent danger order issued by the Mine Safety and Health Administration
(Corrects headline to say Alpha Natural Resources unit, not company, received the order)
- Alpha Natural Resources Inc reported a smaller-than-expected second-quarter loss as the cost of selling coal in eastern United States declined 6 percent from the first quarter.
* Shares rise as much as 8 pct (Adds estimates, analyst comment, details from statement, background, share move)
Aug 6 - Coal miner Alpha Natural Resources Inc reported a bigger quarterly loss as coal prices remained weak.
- Asian Market Could Help U.S. Coal Companies Grow
- Why Alpha Natural Resources Is A Stock To Avoid, For Now
- Coal Mining Stocks: The Year in Review and What to Dig in 2015
- Alpha Natural Resources (ANR) Stock Dips Today as Natural Gas Prices Decline
- Challenging Times Not Over For U.S. Coal Companies
- Alpha Natural Resources: How It Could Be Worth $6 With A Met Coal Recovery
- Alpha Natural Resources Affiliates Settle Selenium Cases
- WARN Notices Expire For Eight West Virginia Coal Mines; Remaining Mine Closures Not Required
- Coal and Consumable Fuels Stocks Technical Study - Arch Coal, Natural Resource Partners, Alpha Natural Resources, Cloud Peak Energy, and CONSOL Energy
- Alpha Natural Resources' Running Right Leadership Academy is Tops Among Corporate Universities
- Alpha Natural Resources Announces Results for Third Quarter 2014
- Oil, Gas and Consumable Fuels Stocks Technical Analysis - Alpha Natural Resources, Arch Coal, Solazyme, Royal Dutch Shell, and YPF S.A.
- Upcoming Events, Drilling Activity Report, and Technical Analysis - Research Reports on Talisman Energy, Superior Energy, Patterson-UTI, Alpha Natural and Canadian Natural Resources
- Alpha Natural Resources Announces Availability of Third Quarter 2014 Financial Results
- Alpha Natural Resources Provides Update On July 31 WARN Notifications
- Alpha Natural Resources Extends Secured Credit Facility and Establishes New Accounts Receivable Securitization Facility