News: Air Products and Chemicals Inc (APD)
23 Sep 2014
Mon, Aug 4 2014
BOSTON, Aug 4 - Billionaire investor William Ackman's Pershing Square Holdings has risen 27.2 percent this year, according to an investor in the fund, after extending its gains modestly last month when many hedge fund managers suffered losses.
- Air Products and Chemicals' new chief executive said he would aim to improve the operational performance of the company's businesses and generate cash before deciding on the sale of any unit.
(Adds details from conference call, analyst comment, background, share movement)
July 23 - Industrial gas producer Air Products and Chemicals Inc reported a 9 percent rise in quarterly profit, driven by higher sales by its merchant gases, and electronics and performance materials divisions.
- Industrial gas producer Air Products & Chemicals Inc named Seifi Ghasemi as chief executive, amid pressure from Bill Ackman to overhaul its management, sending its shares up 8 percent to a record high.
* Shares rise as much as 8 percent (Adds closing stock price, Breakingviews link)
June 18 - Industrial gas producer Air Products & Chemicals, under pressure from Bill Ackman to overhaul its management, said it has appointed Seifi Ghasemi chief executive.
- Jim Cramer's Stop Trading: Thoughts on Air Products, Continental Resources, Alibaba
- A Few Reasons Why Air Products And Chemicals Can Still Deliver More Upside
- What Price Dividend Aristocracy? Assessing The Dividend Aristocrats And The NOBL ETF (Part 2)
- Tracking Bill Ackman's Pershing Square Portfolio - Q2 2014 Update
- 2 Stocks With Million Dollar Insider Purchases In 2014
- Air Products & Chemicals: An Activist Investor Play And A Large Insider Purchase
- Pricing of Offering, Monthly Operational Update, Recognition of Leadership, and Technical Updates - Research Reports on Alcoa, Petrobras, Sunoco, Air Products and SeaDrill
- Air Products Announces Major Company Restructuring
- Air Products' LNG Technology and Equipment Selected for Freeport Terminal Facility
- Air Products Again Recognized for Sustainability Leadership by Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes
- Air Products Announces North American Price Increase for Liquid and Bulk Industrial Gas Products
- Market Activity, Regulatory Notifications, Secondary Offering, Upcoming Conferences, Technology Collaboration - Research Reports on Air Products, SeaDrill, Praxair, Fossil and Pinnacle Foods
- Air Products to Feature Advanced Gas Technologies for Chemical Applications at Specialty & Agro Chemicals America
- Upcoming Events, Patent Infringement Lawsuit, and Market Activity Updates - Research Reports on Air Products, DuPont, Continental Resources, Cabot Oil & Gas and Banco Bradesco
- Air Products CEO to Speak at Credit Suisse Basic Materials Conference
- Air Products Licenses Its ICEFLY® Cryogenic Machining Technology to Advanced Research Systems