News: Areva SA (ARVCY.PK)
22 Apr 2014
Sun, Apr 20 2014
NIAMEY - The government of Niger, the world's fourth largest uranium producer, is on the verge of renewing an agreement with French state-controlled nuclear group Areva, the West African nation's mines minister said on Sunday.
* Lauvergeon says UraMin deal was approved by authorities
* Current tender involves Westinghouse, Russian-led group
* Wants Areva, South Korean firm to bid for Temelin in new tender
- Canadian uranium producer Cameco Corp said on Thursday it has begun producing ore at its oft-delayed Cigar Lake mine in northern Saskatchewan, contributing to a spike in the company's stock.
PARIS, March 13 - French nuclear group Areva said on Thursday that production had begun at Canadian uranium producer Cameco's Cigar Lake mine in Saskatchewan.
* Media cites sources that now delayed until at least 2018
PARIS, Feb 10 - The French government is considering replacing some of state-controlled utility EDF's ageing nuclear reactors with European Pressurised Reactors (EPRs) designed by French group Areva, daily newspaper Le Monde said on Monday.
ARLIT, Niger/PARIS - When France began mining uranium ore in the desert of northern Niger in the early 1970s, Arlit was a cluster of miners' huts stranded between the sun-blasted rocks of the Air mountains and the sands of the Sahara.
* Documents seen by Reuters reveal tax concessions for French group
- Temelin Nuclear Power Plant Extension Project: AREVA Announces Withdrawal of Legal Action
- AREVA joint venture selected as preferred bidder for the construction of a waste treatment facility at Sellafield
- AREVA Signed a Contract with the South Korean Utility KHNP for the Replacement of Six Stators
- AREVA: Olkiluoto 3: Approval of the Overall Instrumentation and Control System Plan
- AREVA: Olkiluoto 3: Launch of Instrumentation & Control Testing
- AREVA Files Its 2013 Reference Document
- AREVA signs a series of agreements with its Chinese partner CNNC
- AREVA : Production Begins at Canada’s Cigar Lake Uranium Mine
- AREVA successfully launches a new 9-year bond issue of 750-million euros
- AREVA and Schneider Electric Join Forces to Develop Offshore Wind Power in France