News: Actelion Ltd (ATLN.VX)
6 Dec 2013
Thu, Dec 5 2013
ZURICH, Dec 5 - Europe's largest biotech company Actelion said it will buy back up to 10 million shares for around 720 million Swiss francs ($795 million) over the next three years.
ZURICH - Shares in Swiss biotech company Actelion rose on Thursday after broker Citi said in a research note British pharma group AstraZeneca might be interested in buying it.
LONDON - European regulators have recommended approval of Swiss firm Actelion's new pulmonary arterial hypertension drug Opsumit and a novel antidepressant called Brintellix from Denmark's Lundbeck.
Oct 25 - European Medicines Agency says: * Recommends Actelion drug Opsumit for pulmonary arterial hypertension * For more news, please click here
ZURICH, Oct 21 - Swiss biotech company Actelion intends for its new heart and lung drug Opsumit to be more successful than its current mainstay product Tracleer, the company's chief operating officer said on Monday.
ZURICH, Oct 21 - Shares in Swiss group Actelion climbed more than five percent to their highest since late 2007 on Monday on optimism it has a viable product to secure sales and profit after U.S. approval for a new heart and lung drug with a favourable label.
ZURICH, Oct 21 - Actelion Ltd : * Shares open up 6.8 percent after U.S. approval for opsumit
ZURICH, Oct 21 - Swiss stocks were set to open slightly higher on Monday, while European markets were seen opening mixed near five-year highs as the U.S. Federal Reserve is expected to press on with its easy monetary policy.
Shares in Actelion fall 3.3 percent on profit taking, traders say, before an anticipated approval for its big drug hope Opsumit by U.S. health regulators later this week.
ZURICH, Oct 17 - Actelion Ltd : * Shares fall 3 percent after 9-month results
- Actelion announces share buyback program - up to 10 million shares over a maximum of three years through the first trading line for reactive servicing of employee share ownership schemes
- Update on the DUAL Program in Digital Ulcers in Systemic Sclerosis
- Actelion launches VALCHLOR (mechlorethamine) gel 0.016% in the US
- Actelion receives Health Canada approval of Opsumit (macitentan) for the long-term treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Actelion announces U.S. commercial availability of opsumit (macitentan) as of November 4
- Further positive Opsumit (macitentan) data in pulmonary arterial hypertension presented at CHEST 2013
- Actelion receives positive CHMP opinion for Opsumit (macitentan) for the long-term treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Actelion to host Conference Call / Audiocast following the US FDA approval of Opsumit (macitentan) for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Actelion receives US FDA approval of Opsumit (macitentan) for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Actelion on track to deliver double digit LC core earnings growt