Aviva PLC (AV_p.L)
25 Jul 2017
Wed, Jul 19 2017
* Aviva shares flat, in line with market (Adds details, analyst comments)
July 19 Aviva, Britain's biggest life insurer, said it would sell Friends Provident International (FPIL), which provides life assurance and investment products in Asia and the Middle East, to a unit of International Financial Group for 340 million pounds ($443 million).
* Aviva plc announces sale of Friends Provident International Limited to RL360 Holding Company Limited, a subsidiary of International Financial Group Limited, for a total consideration of 340 mln pounds
June 21 Britain's biggest life insurer Aviva Plc said it appointed Maurice Tulloch as an executive director to its board.
* Appointed maurice tulloch as an executive director of company with effect from 20 june 2017 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 80 6749 1136)
LONDON Aviva , Britain's biggest life insurer, is selling about 1 billion pounds ($1.3 billion) worth of bonds and shares it holds in tobacco companies, joining a global campaign to divest from the industry.
* Dublin says other firms to confirm Irish plans shortly (Adds Aviva plans for Irish subsidiaries)
LONDON, May 25 Aviva is to buy back up to 300 million pounds ($389.55 million) of its own shares, the insurer said on Thursday.
* Aviva plc (aviva) announces that it will commence a share buy-back of aviva's ordinary shares for up to a maximum consideration of £300 million ($389.61 million).
* CEO Mark Wilson says firm plans small acquisitions in 'insurtech', artificial intelligence, but nothing imminent. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting by Carolyn Cohn; editing by Simon Jessop)