News: American Express Co (AXP)
11 Mar 2014
Fri, Jan 17 2014
* Indexes: Dow up 0.17 pct, S&P off 0.14 pct, Nasdaq off 0.2 pct
* Fourth-quarter adjusted earnings $1.25/share vs est. $1.26/share
Jan 16 - Credit card company American Express Co's quarterly profit more than doubled as customers spent more in the holiday season in the United States, its core market.
NEW YORK, Jan 16 - American Express Co : * Shares down 2.5 percent in extended trade following results
Nov 20 - American Express Co : * U.s. bank and American Express announce card-issuing agreement * Says U.S Bank will offer credit cards accepted on the American Express
- Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc on Thursday disclosed a new $3.45 billion stake in Exxon Mobil Corp, after buying 40.1 million shares in the world's largest publicly traded oil company. | Video
* Exxon shares have lagged market, rise after-hours (Adds analyst comments, other holdings)
- American Express Co posted a better-than-expected 9 percent rise in quarterly profit as spending by corporate card users began to pick up after more than a year of sluggish growth.
Oct 16 - American Express Co posted a better-than-expected 9 percent rise in quarterly profit as spending by corporate card users began to pick up after more than a year of sluggish growth.
Oct 16 - American Express Co posted a 9.3 percent increase in quarterly profit as people spent more using the company's credit cards.
- Breakfast Round-up - 52-Weeks High Reset: American Express, Service Corp. Intl., Lincoln National, and Polycom
- American Express Announces New Initiatives to Support Startups and Research Focused on Improving Financial Inclusion in the U.S.
- American Express Announces New No Annual Fee Credit Card, the Amex EveryDay℠ Credit Card
- American Express Names Brian Saluzzo, Nik Sathe in Key Technology Roles
- American Express Opens NBA All-Star 2014 with Live Stream Access to Media Day and the First-Ever “Off the Court” Rookie Roundtable at nba.com/offthecourt
- American Express and Diane von Furstenberg Announce Year-Long Relationship to Celebrate Forty Years of the Wrap Dress
- Valentine’s Day 2014: More Americans Say They’ll Spend for Love
- American Express President to Participate in the KBW Cards, Payments & Financial Technology Symposium
- American Express OPEN Revamps SimplyCash® Business Credit Card by Giving Small Business Owners the Ability to Customize Their Cash Back Rewards
- Americans Plan to Upgrade Homes, Wheels and Wardrobes