American Express Co (AXP)
27 Sep 2016
Tue, Sep 27 2016
* On Sept 26 board amended company's by-laws, effective immediately, to implement a proxy access by-law, among other amendments
NEW YORK, Sept 26 A federal appeals court on Monday cleared the way for American Express Co to enforce rules prohibiting merchants that accept its cards from steering customers toward lower-cost cards offered by competitors.
* Announces usepoints for purchases allowing members to use membership rewards points towards eligible purchases charged to card Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Qtrly return on average equity (ROE) was 26.4 percent, down from 28.1 percent a year ago.
* Q2 total revenue, net of interest expense, $8.2 billion versus $8.3 billion
July 20 Credit card issuer American Express Co reported a 37 percent rise in quarterly profit, driven by higher spending by its customers and lower expenses due to a sale of its loan portfolio.
* June 30 days past due loans for USCS Card Member Loans 1.1 percent of total versus 0.9 percent in May
BRIEF-American Express Global Business Travel and Airbnb announce new agreement for business travelers
* American Express global business travel and Airbnb for business announce new agreement for business travelers
* American Express plans to increase quarterly dividend by 10 percent and buy back up to $3.3 billion of common shares through q2 2017
* Announced changes to EMV chargeback policy to help merchants limit their fraud costs as they upgrade their point-of-sale systems