News: American Express Co (AXP.N)
21 Jul 2014
Wed, Apr 16 2014
- American Express Co's quarterly profit beat analysts' average estimate as a tighter control on expenses helped make up for slower growth in consumer spending in its key U.S. market.
April 16 - American Express Co reported a 12 percent rise in quarterly profit as its credit-card customers spent more in a recovering U.S economy.
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) NEW YORK, April 16 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed American Express Company's (AXP) long-term Issuer Default Rating (IDR) at 'A+' and short-term IDR at 'F1'. The Rating Outlook is Stable. A full list of ratings is detailed at the end of this release. The ratings affirmation reflects AXP's strong franchise, spend-centric business model, leading market position in the payments industry, strong credit performance, consistent prof
NEW YORK - Consumers suffered a setback on Thursday as three big credit card issuers won the dismissal of U.S. lawsuits accusing them of colluding to require that disputes be settled in arbitration rather than class action lawsuits.
* Cardholders alleged collusion to require arbitration (Adds comments from Citigroup, Discover lawyer)
BRIEF-American Express, Citigroup, Discover win dismissal of lawsuit over credit card arbitration causes
April 10 - American Express Co : * Citigroup Inc Discover Financial Services win dismissal of
NEW YORK - American Express Co said on Monday that four financial investors have committed a total of $900 million to a business travel joint venture, in what would be the largest single investment ever made in a travel management company.
NEW YORK, March 17 - American Express Co said on Monday that four financial investors have committed a total of $900 million to a business travel joint venture, in what would be the largest single investment ever made in a travel management company.
- Heartland Payment Offers Increasingly Diversified Growth
- Visa Easily Wins This Head-To-Head Battle
- Yum! Brands And Goldman Sachs Lead Best Value Bond Trades With 1-5 Year Maturities
- Warren Buffett's Dividend Growth Portfolio
- Bank Of America And MBIA Lead U.S. Bank Credit Default Swap Trading Volume
- Will This Price Target Increase Help American Express (AXP) Stock Today?
- A Summer Well Spent: No Idle Time for Kids This Season
- American Express Global Business Travel Announces Executive Appointments
- Executive Appointments, Philanthropic Programs, and Strategic Marketing Partnerships - Analyst Notes on U.S Bancorp, Morgan Stanley, MetLife, American Express and Zillow
- American Express Completes Establishment of Joint Venture for Global Business Travel
- American Express Names Laureen E. Seeger General Counsel
- Recognitions, Appointments, Earnings Release Schedules and Privileges to Customers - Analyst Notes on Bank of America, American Express, Simon, American Residential Properties and Mercury General
- Consumer Finance Stocks Technical Data -- Research on SLM Corp., Navient, American Express, and Capital One Financial
- Bon Appétit: American Express Partners with Culinary Tastemakers for New Centurion Lounge℠ Locations
- Joint Programs, Vehicle Charging Stations, Dividends, and Technical Updates - Analyst Notes on American Express, MetLife, Simon, Qiwi and XOOM
- American Express And Uber Launch First-Of-Its-Kind Mobile Loyalty Program