News: American Express Co (AXP.N)
24 Dec 2014
Mon, Nov 10 2014
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) NEW YORK, November 10 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has assigned a rating of 'BBB-' to the $750 million in preferred stock issued by American Express Company (AXP, rated 'A+/F1' by Fitch). This preferred issuance represents approximately 1% of AXP's total risk-weighted assets at Sept. 30, 2014. AXP had previously stated that it would issue preferred shares for Basel III capital planning purposes. More specifically, the new Tier 1 ratio req
* Shares up 3.9 pct in extended trade (Adds details from conference call, CEO and analyst comment, updates shares)
Oct 27 - American Express Co, the world's largest credit card issuer, said it would close its joint venture with French online start-up Vente-Privee by the end of the year.
- American Express Co, the world's largest credit card issuer, reported an 8.1 percent rise in quarterly profit due to higher spending by U.S. customers using its credit cards and a rise in its net interest income.
Oct 15 - American Express Co, the world's largest credit card issuer, reported an 8.1 percent rise in quarterly profit as customers spent more using the company's credit cards.
Sept 30 - New York-based financial services provider American Express Co appointed Neal Sample as president, enterprise growth, effective immediately.
(Adds comments, cash position, individual businesses' results)
- LendingClub: Overvalued And Not Disruptive
- American Express & Coach Get Muted Initiations, Corning Upgraded
- Dump Some Gold And Buy Wheat And Sugar
- Will American Express (AXP) Stock React Today to This Coverage Initiation?
- Graham's Stock Selection Criteria Revisited
- 1% Portfolio: Update On The Dollar And Oil
- Last-Minute Shoppers Spread Holiday Cheer
- American Express Serve® Announces Research Pilot to Encourage Consumer Saving
- American Express Creates New Technology Hub in Silicon Valley
- American Express and Delta Extend Partnership
- American Express and Airbnb Announce Membership Rewards® Program Relationship
- American Express Announces $1 Million Grant to Trust for the National Mall to Restore Historic Lockkeeper’s House
- Consumer Finance Equities Coverage - American Express, SLM Corp., Capital One Financial, Navient, and Synchrony Financial
- American Express Chief Executive Officer to Participate in the Goldman Sachs U.S. Financial Services Conference
- American Express Declares Regular Quarterly Dividend
- Small Business Saturday® Results: Independent Businesses Make Strong Statement to Start the Holiday Shopping Season