American Express Co (AXP.N)
Thu, Jan 5 2017
NEW YORK A federal appeals court on Thursday rejected the U.S. government's request that it reconsider its decision allowing American Express Co to stop merchants from encouraging customers to use rival cards that charge lower fees.
* Sets regular quarterly dividend of $0.32 per share Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Q3 earnings per share view $0.97 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
BRIEF-American Express USCS card member loans net write-off rate - principal only at Sept end 1.6% vs. 1.6% at Aug end
* American express co - uscs card member loans net write-off rate - principal only at sept end 1.6 % versus 1.6 percent at aug end
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) NEW YORK, September 28 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has today affirmed American Express Company's (AXP) Long-Term Issuer Default Rating (IDR) at 'A', Viability Rating (VR) at 'a' and Short-Term IDR at 'F1'. The Rating Outlook is Negative. A full list of ratings is detailed at the end of this release. Today's rating actions have been taken as part of Fitch's periodic peer review of U.S. consumer lending-focused internet banks, which compri
* On Sept 26 board amended company's by-laws, effective immediately, to implement a proxy access by-law, among other amendments
NEW YORK, Sept 26 A federal appeals court on Monday cleared the way for American Express Co to enforce rules prohibiting merchants that accept its cards from steering customers toward lower-cost cards offered by competitors.
* Announces usepoints for purchases allowing members to use membership rewards points towards eligible purchases charged to card Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Qtrly return on average equity (ROE) was 26.4 percent, down from 28.1 percent a year ago.
* Q2 total revenue, net of interest expense, $8.2 billion versus $8.3 billion
- Game Plan For The Week - Cramer's Mad Money (1/13/17)
- My 2017 Top Picks: Fortune Brands Home & Security, American Express, Endo International And Match Group
- Visa - I Will Never Sell This Holding
- The FCF 5: Does American Express Pass My 5 Free Cash Flow Tests?
- Wall Street Breakfast: Trump News Conference Awaited For Direction
- Shorting American Express Into Earnings