News: Baxter International Inc (BAX)
23 May 2013
Tue, May 7 2013
NEW YORK - In a blow for Alzheimer's patients, Baxter International Inc said it will scrap late-stage trials of its antibody treatment for the disease after the drug failed to improve cognitive decline and functional ability in patients.
* Baxter to stop late-stage studies of the drug for mild to moderate Alzheimer's
NEW YORK, May 7 - Baxter International Inc : * Shares down 2.6 percent in premarket trade after alzeheimer's drug fail
May 7 - Baxter International Inc said a late-stage study of its experimental drug to treat Alzheimer's disease failed to reduce the decline of cognitive functions and preserve functional abilities.
- Baxter International Inc on Thursday said quarterly net earnings fell slightly, as expected, on acquisition-related costs.
* Strength in Bioscience division offset weakness in medical products unit
- Baxter International Inc on Thursday said its quarterly net earnings fell slightly, as expected, on acquisition-related costs.
April 18 - Baxter International Inc on Thursday said its quarterly net earnings fell slightly, even as sales rose, as acquisition-related costs ate into profits.
TAMPA, Florida - A deadly algae bloom that killed a record number of manatees has dissipated, though the death toll for the endangered sea mammals continues to rise, Florida wildlife officials said on Thursday.
- Medical device and bioscience company Baxter International Inc reported higher quarterly earnings on Thursday and forecast sales growth of 10 percent for 2013.
- Why Momenta Offers A Unique Opportunity In The Pharmaceutical Industry
- Daily Equity Brief: Bull Signals And Sentiment
- American Society Of Clinical Oncology Abstracts Point To Potential Profits
- Cramer's Mad Money - 17 Things To Watch In The Week Ahead (5/17/13)
- Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Next Week's Game Plan
- Diversify Into Singapore Dollars And Get 4% Yields With High Quality Baa3 Rated Bonds
- Baxter to Present at the Goldman Sachs 34th Annual Global Healthcare Conference
- Baxter Receives Marketing Authorization for HyQvia in European Union
- Baxter to Present at the Deutsche Bank 38th Annual dbAccess Health Care Conference
- Health Statistics Pioneer Dorothy P. Rice, Sc.D., Named 2013 Recipient of the William B. Graham Prize for Health Services Research
- Baxter Announces Topline Results of Phase III Study of Immunoglobulin for Alzheimer's Disease
- Baxter Raises Dividend Nine Percent
- Baxter to Present at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2013 Health Care Conference
- Baxter to Webcast Annual Meeting of Shareholders
- Baxter Presents Phase I/II Data Evaluating Lyme Disease Vaccine at NFID Annual Conference on Vaccine Research
- Baxter Achieves Its First Quarter Expectations and Confirms 2013 Full-Year Guidance