News: BHP Billiton PLC (BBL)
21 Nov 2014
SYDNEY, Nov 24 - BHP Billiton is laying the groundwork for a dramatic rise in copper production in a drive to buffer its exposure to sagging iron ore, oil and coal markets.
- Clyde Russell is a Reuters columnist. The views expressed are his own. -
* To build cash before returning capital to shareholders (Adds CEO comments)
MELBOURNE, Nov 24 - BHP Billiton stepped up its cost-cutting plans on Monday as the world's biggest miner battles a sharp slide in iron ore, coal and oil prices.
HOUSTON, Nov 21 - BHP Billiton Ltd has launched a tender offering to sell a 650,000-barrel cargo of processed condensate for delivery during the first half of January at the Houston Ship Channel, according to a document seen by Reuters on Friday.
* BHP's iron ore margins still good, despite price collapse
* 76 shares up, 110 down, 13 unchanged (Adds analysis, quotes, stocks on the move)
MELBOURNE, Nov 20 - BHP Billiton said on Thursday it plans to hold a shareholder vote in May 2015 on its plan to spin off its aluminium, coal, manganese and silver assets into a separate company.
(Corrects final paragraph to show BHP is biggest metallurgical coal miner)
* Venus once touted as potential saviour for Nickel West (Adds context)
- BHP Billiton Is Giving Long-Term Dividend Growth Investors A Great Entry Point
- 6 Contender Dividend Dogs Dig At 16% To 34% November Upsides
- Recent Buy: BHP Billiton
- A 4% Dividend Yield Portfolio With A 10% DGR Is Good Enough For Me
- Low Gas Prices Will Drive This Vehicle Company Higher
- Considering Foreign-Domiciled Dividend Growth Stocks
- Diversified Metals and Mining Stocks Technical Data - Molycorp, Turquoise Hill Resources, US Silica Holdings, Teck Resources, and BHP Billiton
- Corporate Statements, Conference Call Schedules, Partnerships, and New Contracts - Analyst Notes on USEC, Teck, Stillwater Mining Company, BHP Billiton and Harsco
- Sustainability Programs, Annual Shareholders Meeting Result, Quarterly Operational Report, and Upcoming Conferences - Analyst Notes on BHP Billiton, Williams, Matador, AngloGold Ashanti and SemGroup
- Annual Shareholder Meeting Results, Revised Agreements, Donations, and Investor Day Schedules - Analyst Notes on Statoil, Halcon, Eni, BHP Billiton and Compass Minerals
- REG - BHP Billiton PLC - BHP Billiton Prices EUR and GBP Bonds
- REG - BHP Billiton PLC - BHP Billiton Plc Annual Financial Report 2012
- REG - BHP Billiton PLC - Notice of Interim Dividend Dates
- Where We Are Headed - New Outlook on Freeport-McMoran Copper & Gold, Inc. and BHP Billiton Limited
- REG - BHP Billiton PLC - Dividend Currency Exchange Rates - Final Dividend
- REG - BHP Billiton PLC - Sale of Richards Bay Minerals for US$1.91 Billion