News: Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA.N)
Thu, Feb 20 2014
MADRID, Feb 20 - Spanish bank BBVA said on Thursday it had bought U.S.-based digital banking firm Simple in a deal that values the company at $117 million.
LONDON, Feb 12 (IFR) - Spain's second largest bank, BBVA, bolstered its balance sheet this week with EUR1.5bn in Additional Tier 1 bonds, as the country continues to steal a march on much of the rest of Europe in raising this risky form of debt.
LONDON, Feb 11 (IFR) - Spain's second largest bank BBVA is preparing to sell its first euro-denominated Additional Tier 1 issue on Tuesday, becoming the latest bank to test European investor interest for the risky bonds that bolster banks' capital ratios.
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. (BBVA)
LONDON, Feb 11 (IFR) - Spain's second largest bank BBVA is testing European investor demand for a new Additional Tier 1 euro bond at low to mid 7%, according to a lead manager involved in the deal.
MADRID, Feb 7 - Spain's second-biggest bank BBVA said on Friday its board members had earned a collective 14.6 million euros ($19.9 million) for 2013, a rise of nearly 9 percent on the previous year as profits grew by a third.
* But underlying business remains weak (Repeats with link to Breakingviews column)
MADRID, Jan 31 - Spain's second-biggest bank BBVA said it would probably make an offer for Catalunya Caixa when it came up for auction, the third Spanish bank to express interest in the state-owned lender on Friday.
MADRID/BARCELONA - - Spain's second-biggest bank BBVA and smaller rival Caixabank on Friday posted jumps in 2013 profits, as provisions against soured property loans fell and income from lending began to improve at the end of the year.
MADRID, Jan 31 - BBVA, Spain's second-biggest bank, posted a smaller than expected fourth quarter loss of 849 million euros ($1 billion) on Friday, after it took charges from the sale of a 5 percent stake in China's CITIC Bank Corp.
- Spanish Banks Benchmarking: BBVA And Santander Deserve A Closer Look
- Lloyds Bank PLC Leads Trading Volume In International Bank Credit Default Swaps, 2010-2013
- Keynesianism Gone Wild
- Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. Management Discusses Q4 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Cramer's Mad Money - The Best Mad Money Pick Ever (1/14/14)
- Are Spanish Stocks A Good Buy Now?
- BBVA Compass scores Dynamo's Tally Hall as new brand ambassador
- BBVA Compass opens two new banking centers in The Woodlands
- Parker County Today magazine recognizes BBVA Compass banker for his leadership
- Clyde Drexler and other legends tip off BBVA Compass and NBA Cares program
- New BBVA Compass service aims to help business owners manage their own payrolls
- Housing market pits younger buyers against older homeowners flush with equity
- Houston Dash to debut official jerseys; uniforms sponsored by BBVA Compass
- BBVA Compass execs, state leaders honor UT-Austin students from Mexico, Spain
- BBVA Compass rewards entrepreneurs' ingenuity with two $10,000 grand prizes
- BBVA Compass Bancshares Inc. reports earnings for full-year 2013 of $418 million