News: Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA.N)
31 Jul 2015
Fri, Jul 31 2015
* Says BBVA is comfortable with its current stake in Turkey's Garanti
* Fierce competition pressures Popular margins (Adds details on Spanish business, outlook from Caixabank, BBVA)
MADRID, July 31 - BBVA, Spain's second-biggest bank by market value, on Friday said first half net profit more than doubled from a year earlier, beating expectations as revenue grew and the lender integrated its purchase of local peer Catalunya Banc.
MADRID July 27 - Spanish bank BBVA said on Monday a transaction giving it control of Turkey's Garanti bank would hit third quarter results by 1.8 billion euros ($2 billion), a bigger sum that initially expected due to a depreciating lira currency.
June 10 - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2020 GMT on Wednesday:
MADRID - Spanish bank BBVA is considering making an offer for British bank HSBC's businesses in Brazil and Turkey, senior bank executive Vicente Rodero said at an annual meeting in Mexico City, website CNNExpansion reported on Wednesday.
MADRID, June 10 - Spanish bank BBVA is considering making an offer for British bank HSBC's businesses in Brazil and Turkey, senior bank executive Vicente Rodero said at an annual meeting in Mexico City, website CNNExpansion reported on Wednesday.
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) TAIPEI/SYDNEY, May 28 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria S.A., Taipei Branch's (BBVA Taipei) National Long-Term Rating at 'AA(twn)' and National Short-Term Rating at 'F1+(twn)'. The Outlook is Stable. The rating action follows the affirmation of the ratings on its head office, Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. (BBVA, A-/Stable) (see "Fitch Affirms Santander and BBVA at 'A-'; Outlook Stable" dated
MADRID, May 4 - Spanish bank BBVA said on Monday its board had named Carlos Torres Vila as its Chief Operating Officer, replacing Angel Cano, in a surprise management shake-up.
* Shares fall 1 percent (Recasts with Venezuela troubles, adds analyst quote)
- Santander: Interesting Developments In Brazil Do Not Change The Outlook
- BBVA's Improving Performance No Longer Fully Reflected In The Price
- An Overview Of The European Banking Sector Outlook
- Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA) Q1 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- European Stocks Level Off as Economic Sentiment Is Shaky
- 5 Solid Dividend Stocks With 5%-Plus Yields
- BBVA Compass Bancshares, Inc. reports earnings of $277 million for first half of 2015
- BBVA Compass employees' random acts of kindness ripple across Sunbelt for Bank It Forward Week
- Green tomatoes, kebab, mate: Roca brothers unveil ingredients on menu for BBVA-El Celler de Can Roca culinary tour
- Bank's economists: Retina scans, vein patterns could eliminate PIN codes, passwords
- BBVA's Bancomer Transfer Services appoints Aurora Garza Hagan its new CEO
- BBVA Compass awards a total of $20,000 to two innovative entrepreneurs
- BBVA Compass announces three venues that will host client dinners prepared by famed Roca brothers
- BBVA Compass names Rosilyn Houston its chief Talent & Culture executive
- BBVA Compass, Houston Dynamo and Houston Dash restore family's home in East End
- New digital wallet gives BBVA Compass clients more tools to safeguard credit and debit cards