News: Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA.N)
26 Nov 2014
Tue, Nov 25 2014
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) LONDON, November 25 (Fitch) BBVA's agreement to increase its stake in Turkiye Garanti Bankasi (Garanti) gives BBVA the opportunity to enlarge its international franchise and highlights that Turkey is a strategic market, Fitch Ratings says. This is unlikely to have rating implications for BBVA. BBVA's credit profile will be affected slightly as the transaction will increase its emerging market risk exposure. The group will now fully
MADRID, Nov 20 - Spanish bank BBVA said on Thursday it had priced a 2-billion-euro ($2.5 billion) rights issue to fund the raising of its stake in Turkey's Garanti at 8.25 euros a share, as it pursues its strategy of overseas expansion.
LONDON, Nov 20 - Spanish bank BBVA has set a price guidance on its 2 billion euros ($2.51 billion) rights issue at 8.25-8.30 euros a share with books covered within that range, two sources familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
MADRID, Nov 20 - Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria S.A.
* BBVA to hold 39.9 percent stake in Garanti after acquisition
ISTANBUL, Nov 19 - Dogus Holding's stake in Turkey's Garanti Bank will remain above 10 percent after a stake sale to Spanish bank BBVA and talks will be concluded as soon as possible, sources close to the matter told Reuters on Wednesday.
ISTANBUL, Nov 19 - Turkey's Dogus Holding said on Wednesday talks with Spanish lender BBVA continued over the sale of 14.89 percent stake in Turkish lender Garanti .
MADRID, Nov 11 - Spanish bank BBVA plans to close about half of its 81 offices in Portugal and dismiss a quarter of the loss-making division's workforce in an effort to recoup profitability, a spokesman for the bank said.
* Shares down 2.8 percent (Writes through, adds shares, analyst quote)
MADRID, Oct 29 - Spain's BBVA said on Wednesday its investment in improving its digital banking offering could hit profits by between 270 million and 290 million euros (369 million US dollar) in the fourth quarter.
- New Players in Mobile Payments Are Going After Visa and MasterCard
- Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. (BBVA) Q3 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Bear Attack Doubles Global Dividend Dog Monthly Upsides
- BBVA Buys Catalunya Banc From Spanish State
- Banco Santander, S.A. Tops International Bank Credit Default Swap Trading 2010 To 2014
- Santander Looks Pricey Relative To Its Capital And Growth Prospects
- BBVA Compass appoints Rafael Bustillo as Chief Operating Officer
- Texas economy equipped to deal if oil prices collapse, BBVA Compass economist says
- BBVA and Joan Roca discuss their social-gastronomic tour at the World Economic Forum in Dubai
- BBVA Compass pledges $11 billion to community development program
- BBVA Compass, Dwolla team up to offer real-time payment innovation to clients
- Technical Snapshot on Banks Stocks - Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, Grupo Financiero Santander Mexico, FNB, First Niagara Financial, and Susquehanna Bancshares
- BBVA Compass reports earnings of $364 million for the first nine months of 2014
- Entrepreneur and 'Digital Maverick' Shane Snow to headline BBVA Compass Business Strategy Forum
- BBVA Compass welcomes three new members to its Phoenix advisory board
- BBVA Compass campaign encourages customers to monitor their finances