News: Best Buy Co Inc (BBY)
21 May 2013
Tue, May 21 2013
- Best Buy Co Inc reported lackluster sales in the first quarter and warned that efforts to entice shoppers could squeeze profits in the near term.
(Corrects to show sales were weaker, not weaker than expected in first paragraph; and in headline, that sales fall)
NEW YORK, May 21 - Best Buy Co Inc : * Shares down 4 percent premarket after results
LONDON - Google Inc faced angry questions on Thursday from British lawmakers investigating its tax affairs and whether it had misled parliament in testimony last year, adding fuel to a debate on taxation that has risen to the top of the UK political agenda.
LONDON - Google Inc faces another grilling over its tax affairs from a committee of British lawmakers on Thursday who have called the company back after questions were raised about testimony given in an earlier hearing.
April 30 - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Tuesday:
NEW YORK/LONDON - U.S. retailer Best Buy Co Inc retreated from an ill-timed European expansion on Tuesday by selling its stake in a joint venture to Carphone Warehouse Group for less than half of what it paid five years ago.
NEW YORK, April 30 - Best Buy Co Inc : * Shares up 3.9 percent after selling jv stake
LONDON, April 30 - Mobile phone retailer Carphone Warehouse said it was buying out its joint venture partner Best Buy Co Inc for 471 million pounds ($730 million), ending a five-year relationship.
BRUSSELS - Google's rivals will have the chance to comment on concessions proposed by the U.S. internet company to end an EU antitrust investigation, in a move that could force the company to improve its offer or even scupper a deal.
- Best Buy Reports Better-Than-Expected First Quarter Results
- Best Buy to Sell its Stake in European Business to Carphone Warehouse
- Best Buy Announces New Member of its Board of Directors, Current Member Announces Intention to Not Seek Re-election
- Technical Briefing on Best Buy, GameStop, RadioShack, and hhgregg
- Founder Richard Schulze Returns to Best Buy as Chairman Emeritus in Support of the Company's Renew Blue Transformation Efforts
- Channel Initiatives, Pricing Strategies and Improved Offerings - Research Report on Wal-Mart, Macy's, Best Buy, GameStop and Conn's
- Best Buy Announces Regular Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Best Buy Comments on Status of Agreement with Dick Schulze
- Best Buy Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year Results
- Today's Technical View on Best Buy, RadioShack, GameStop and Conns Inc.