News: BCE Inc (BCE.N)
25 Nov 2014
Thu, Nov 6 2014
TORONTO, Nov 6 - Two of Canada's largest telecom companies, Telus Corp and BCE Inc, reported strong wireless growth on Thursday and an expanding Internet-based TV presence in the third quarter, a period in which their cable rivals struggled.
TORONTO, Nov 6 - BCE Inc, Canada's largest telecommunications company, beat expectations with a 10 percent jump in adjusted third-quarter profit on Thursday, thanks to strength in landline Internet and TV, and wireless subscriber growth.
TORONTO - Bell Aliant Inc , a regional telecom company in eastern Canada, agreed to lease access to part of its landline network to rival Bragg Communications Inc [BCOMU.UL] in order to win approval for an acquisition, the country's competition watchdog said on Wednesday.
TORONTO, Aug 7 - Two of Canada's largest telecom companies reported strong quarterly wireless growth on Thursday as they chased down the wireless market leader, but fixed-line performance helped Telus Corp to outshine rival BCE Inc .
TORONTO, Aug 7 - BCE Inc , Canada's largest telecom company, posted a 6 percent increase in second-quarter profit, driven by higher advertising and subscriber fee revenue from its acquisition of TV and radio content producer Astral Media.
Aug 7 - BCE Inc , Canada's largest telecom company, posted a 6 percent increase in second-quarter profit, driven by higher advertising and subscriber fee revenue from its acquisition of TV and radio content producer Astral Media.
* TSX ends up 79.25 points, or 0.52 pct, at 15,394.38 * Shares of Bell Aliant, Talisman lead the way (Adds strategist's comment, details, updates prices to close) By Alastair Sharp TORONTO, July 23 - Canada's main stock index rose on Wednesday with oil company Talisman Energy Inc soaring on an approach from Spain's Repsol about a possible deal, while telecom BCE Inc said it wants to buy all the shares in regional affiliate Bell Aliant Inc that it doesn't already own.
July 23 - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Wednesday:
TORONTO - BCE Inc said on Wednesday it will pay C$3.95 billion ($3.68 billion) to take regional affiliate Bell Aliant private, securing access to its cash flow and bolstering BCE's position as Canada's largest telecom company.
(Recasts with context on competition, cash flow for dividend. Adds portfolio manager and analyst comment)
- Telus Set To Improve Top-Line Numbers And Continue To Reward Shareholders
- Tracking Prem Watsa's Fairfax Financial Holdings Portfolio - Q3 2014 Update
- Dividend Seekers Flock To BCE Inc. As Healthy Financial Performance Set To Continue
- BCE Inc - A Cash Flow Machine That Belongs In Your Portfolio
- BCE's (BCE) CEO George Cope on Q3 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Third Quarter Portfolio Review: Continuing To Build Dividend Growth And Quality
- Integrated Telecommunication Services Stocks Under Review - Verizon Communications, Frontier Communications, Telefonica, BCE Inc., and Portugal Telecom
- Bell Canada and Bell Aliant complete exchange of Bell Aliant Notes for Bell Canada Debentures
- Bell Announces Exclusive Canadian Launch of Ultra-Rugged Kyocera DuraForce 4G LTE Android Smartphone<6971.T>
- Bell Canada and Bell Aliant announce approval of transaction to exchange Bell Aliant Notes for Bell Canada Debentures
- BCE reports third quarter 2014 results
- BCE completes Bell Aliant privatization, invests in Bell Aliant brand and Atlantic Canada
- BCE Q3 2014 results to be announced November 6, 2014
- Technical Updates on Diversified Telecommunication Stocks - Verizon Communications, Frontier Communications, BCE Inc., Cincinnati Bell, and Telefonica
- Bell Canada and Bell Aliant announce proposal to exchange Bell Aliant Notes for Bell Canada Debentures
- Siim Vanaselja to retire as Chief Financial Officer of BCE in Q2 2015, to be succeeded by Bell Aliant CFO Glen LeBlanc