News: BCE Inc (BCE.TO)
22 Aug 2014
Thu, Aug 7 2014
TORONTO, Aug 7 - Two of Canada's largest telecom companies reported strong quarterly wireless growth on Thursday as they chased down the wireless market leader, but fixed-line performance helped Telus Corp to outshine rival BCE Inc .
TORONTO, Aug 7 - BCE Inc , Canada's largest telecom company, posted a 6 percent increase in second-quarter profit, driven by higher advertising and subscriber fee revenue from its acquisition of TV and radio content producer Astral Media.
Aug 7 - BCE Inc , Canada's largest telecom company, posted a 6 percent increase in second-quarter profit, driven by higher advertising and subscriber fee revenue from its acquisition of TV and radio content producer Astral Media.
* TSX ends up 79.25 points, or 0.52 pct, at 15,394.38 * Shares of Bell Aliant, Talisman lead the way (Adds strategist's comment, details, updates prices to close) By Alastair Sharp TORONTO, July 23 - Canada's main stock index rose on Wednesday with oil company Talisman Energy Inc soaring on an approach from Spain's Repsol about a possible deal, while telecom BCE Inc said it wants to buy all the shares in regional affiliate Bell Aliant Inc that it doesn't already own.
July 23 - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Wednesday:
TORONTO - BCE Inc said on Wednesday it will pay C$3.95 billion ($3.68 billion) to take regional affiliate Bell Aliant private, securing access to its cash flow and bolstering BCE's position as Canada's largest telecom company.
(Recasts with context on competition, cash flow for dividend. Adds portfolio manager and analyst comment)
(Corrects second paragraph show BCE is based in Montreal, not Toronto)
* TSX up 47.94 points, or 0.31 pct, at 15,363.07 * Shares of Bell Aliant, Talisman lead the way higher By Leah Schnurr TORONTO, July 23 - Canada's main stock index rose on Wednesday, helped by gains in telecom shares after BCE Inc said it would take regional telecom Bell Aliant Inc private by buying the stake it does not already own in the company. Oil and gas shares also rose after a report that Spanish oil company Repsol SA is considering a takeover bid for Talisma
TORONTO, July 23 - Canada's main stock index rose slightly on Wednesday, helped by gains in telecom shares after BCE Inc said it would take Bell Aliant Inc private by buying the stake it does not already own in the company. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 3.50 points, or 0.02 percent, at 15,318.63. (Reporting by Leah Schnurr; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
- A Dividend Growth Portfolio With Canadian Flair
- Is There Growth Left Inside The Canadian Banks And Telecom Sectors?
- BCE Inc.: Moving Ahead Despite Challenges
- Glentel Part 4: The Canadian Wireless Code Of Conduct
- Tracking Prem Watsa's Fairfax Financial Holdings Portfolio - Q2 2014 Update
- Rogers Communications: Overlooked Telecom Because Of Perceived Competitive Risk
- BCE formally launches offers to purchase all outstanding Bell Aliant common shares and to exchange all outstanding Bell Aliant preferred shares
- Telecom Services Announce Upcoming Conferences, Quarterly Dividend, and Quarterly Financial Results - Research Reports on AT&T, CenturyLink, Windstream, Frontier and BCE
- BCE reports second quarter 2014 results
- CBCE reports second quarter 2014 results
- BCE to privatize affiliate Bell Aliant
- Telecommunication Services Stocks under Review -- CenturyLink, BCE Inc., Cincinnati Bell, VimpelCom, and Mobile Telesystems
- BCE Q2 2014 results to be announced August 7, 2014
- Technical Analysis on Diversified Telecommunication Equities -- Research on magicJack VocalTec, CenturyLink, Cincinnati Bell, and BCE Inc.
- Quarterly Dividends, Awards, Reduced Roaming Prices, and Technical Updates - Analyst Notes on Verizon, Frontier, Windstream, Ubiquiti Networks and BCE
- Diversified Telecommunication Equities under the Scanner -- Research on AT&T, Verizon Communications, CenturyLink, and BCE Inc.