Beiersdorf AG (BEIG.DE)
Tue, Jan 17 2017
* Shares indicated at top of German blue-chip index (Recasts, adds shares, details on Consumer division)
FRANKFURT, Jan 17 Beiersdorf, the maker of Nivea cream and Tesa adhesives, on Tuesday said organic sales grew by 3.2 percent in 2016, slightly more than expected by analysts, and confirmed its operating profit-margin target.
* Shares up 6.2 percent in flat market (Adds details on new guidance, CEO comment on M&A, share price)
* CEO says looking at potential acquisitions but strategy remains focused on organic growth Further company coverage:
FRANKFURT, Nov 3 German Beiersdorf, the maker of Nivea cream and Tesa adhesives, raised its guidance for 2016 earnings on Thursday on strong third-quarter sales at its consumer business, which roared back after a disappointing first half of the year.
FRANKFURT Nivea cream maker Beiersdorf faced scepticism on Thursday over how it will meet full-year sales targets after it warned of weakening consumer sentiment and said a wet summer had dented sales of its sunscreens.
* Q2 net loss 3.7 million zlotys ($978,163) versus loss of 4.9 million zlotys year ago
* Shares fall 4 pct (Recasts throughout, adds analyst comment)
FRANKFURT, Aug 4 German consumer goods company Beiersdorf, the maker of Nivea skin cream, improved its profit margin in the first half of the year and said it was cautiously optimistic for the year despite economic and political uncertainties knocking consumer confidence.