News: BASF SE (BFFAF.PK)
LUDWIGSHAFEN, Germany - BASF , the world's largest chemical firm by sales, expects operating profit to stagnate this year due to lower oil prices and the cost of launching an unusually high number of production sites.
* Shares drop 2.5 percent (Adds shares, company comment, investment budget)
PARIS, Feb 27 - European stocks were set to open steady on Friday, taking a breather from their sharp two-month rally that has propelled regional indexes to 7-year highs, with BASF in focus after posting forecast-beating results. Quarterly operating earnings at the world's largest chemicals company rose a better-than-expected 2.8 percent, as strong farming pesticides and basic petrochemicals businesses offset the hit from lower crude prices on its oil and gas division. Airbus
OSLO/FRANKFURT, Feb 19 - Norwegian fertiliser maker Yara and German chemicals firm BASF will spend $600 million building an ammonia plant in Texas, taking advantage of cheap shale gas to expand their presence in the United States, the companies said.
* BASF says ammonia plant will be owned 68 percent by Yara and 32 percent by BASF
FRANKFURT - German chemicals group BASF SE and Russia's Gazprom have abandoned a gas assets swap deal planned for this year as companies across Europe continue to suffer from growing tensions between Moscow and the West.
* Deal cancelled due to "difficult political environment"
NEW YORK - Goldman Sachs Group Inc , Germany's BASF SE and two other big platinum and palladium dealers have been sued in the United States in what the plaintiff's law firm called the first nationwide class action over alleged price-fixing of the metals.
NEW YORK - Goldman Sachs Group Inc, Germany's BASF SE and two other big platinum and palladium dealers have been sued in the United States in what the plaintiff's law firm called the first nationwide class action over alleged price-fixing of the metals.
- BASF starts Open Innovation contest on energy storage
- BASF Supports the Sunscreen Innovation Act
- BASF and INEOS to Establish a New Leading Global Styrenics Company Called Styrolution
- Dow and BASF receive Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award for HPPO Technology
- BASF SE: Social Business to Promote Health for People in Bangladesh
- BASF SE: BASF Publishes Offer to Ciba Shareholders