News: BHP Billiton Ltd (BHP)
19 Sep 2014
Wed, Aug 20 2014
SYDNEY, Aug 20 - Australian shares reversed early losses on Wednesday to edge higher as investors dumped shares of BHP Billiton after the global miner missed earnings expectations, though an upbeat finish on Wall Street helped boost the market.
* ASX 200 dips 0.1 percent, BHP posts biggest one-day fall since March on spin-off fears, missed expectations
MELBOURNE/LONDON - The world's biggest mining company, BHP Billiton, announced plans to spin off businesses worth an estimated $16 billion, most of them acquired in a 2001 merger, to focus on its most profitable activities. | Video
* London-listed shares drop 4.5 pct (Adds CEO, shareholder comments, detail)
MELBOURNE, Aug 19 - The world's biggest mining company, BHP Billiton , announced plans to spin off businesses worth an estimated $16 billion, most of them acquired in its 2001 merger with Billiton, to focus on its most profitable activities.
LAUNCESTON, Australia, - (Clyde Russell is a Reuters columnist. The views expressed are his own.)
* FTSEurofirst set to post biggest weekly gain in 6 months
PARIS, Aug 15 - European shares rose in early trade on Friday, gaining ground for the fourth time in five sessions, helped by BHP Billion after the world's biggest miner said it could spin off assets.
* Miners lead; BHP beat its own guidance for iron ore output
NEW YORK, July 18 - A former Banco Santander SA executive will pay $1.92 million to settle a U.S. lawsuit accusing him of insider trading ahead of a proposed 2010 takeover of Potash Corp of Saskatchewan Inc by mining group BHP Billiton Ltd.
- Commodities Today: Nigerian Oil & Iron Ore Markets Drawing Attention
- 2 Significant Warning Signs
- Commodities Today: An Oil Stock To Buy And Tightening Diamond Market
- Is It Time To Bottom-Fish For Vale SA?
- BHP Billiton: Making All The Right Moves
- The Australian Dollar Finally Breaks Down Amid Signs Warranting Increased Caution
- Quarterly Dividend, Leadership Changes, Market Activity and Revised Guidance - Research Reports on Ralph Lauren, Continental, Baker Hughes, BHP Billiton and Silica Holdings
- Metals and Mining Stocks Coverage - Cliffs Natural Resources, ArcelorMittal, Rio Tinto, BHP Billiton, and Teck Resources
- Upcoming Conference, Technical Update, Senior Management Changes, Upcoming Earnings, and Loan Agreement - Research Reports on Marathon Oil, Cameron, BHP Billiton, Pioneer and MPC
- Financial Results, Technical Update, Upcoming Earnings, Dividend, and Discovery of Oil - Research Reports on BHP Billiton, EOG, Baker Hughes, LyondellBasell and Apache
- Equities Updates on Metals and Mining Industry -- Cliffs Natural Resources, BHP Billiton, Rio Tinto, Thompson Creek Metals, and Teck Resources
- Diversified Metals and Mining Equities Technical Analysis -- Research on Teck Resources, Thompson Creek Metals, BHP Billiton, and Rio Tinto
- Project Commencements, New Website Features, Sustainability Reports, and Shareholders Meeting Schedules - Analyst Notes on ExxonMobil, EQT, BHP Billiton, Encana and Cliffs
- Diversified Metals and Mining Stocks Technical Data -- Research on Teck Resources, BHP Billiton, Rio Tinto, and Thompson Creek Metals
- EPC Contracts, Acquisitions, Debenture Consent Solicitation, Donations, and Recognitions - Analyst Notes on Dow, PetroLogistics, Peabody, BHP Billiton and Sherwin-Williams
- Earnings Releases, Company Updates, and Sustainable Development Activities - Analyst Notes on FMC, Rockwood, PTNNT, BHP Billiton and Nike