News: BHP Billiton Ltd (BHPLF.PK)
11 Dec 2013
Wed, Nov 20 2013
- Devon Energy Corp will buy oil-producing assets in Texas for $6 billion and plans to sell or otherwise monetize some of its natural gas-heavy holdings in response to investor criticism about its lack of exposure to more profitable crude.
(Adds background, details about GeoSouthern CEO, updates stock price)
HONG KONG - U.S. miner Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc has agreed to pay nearly a third more in annual processing charges to China's leading copper smelters, likely increasing the pressure on rival BHP to raise its own offer on the charges.
LONDON - Global thermal coal demand will shift away from China in coming years as it switches to cleaner energy, but emerging markets in the region will step in to grab some of that flow as they continue their race to industrialize.
BOGOTA - Cerro Matoso, the world's No. 2 ferronickel producer owned by multinational BHP Billiton and located in Colombia, said it has temporarily shut its mine after two weeks of protests by indigenous groups, halting 4 percent of world output.
MELBOURNE, Aug 23 - BHP Billiton Ltd has cut bonus payouts to its top executives, as total returns to shareholders fell over five years, even though the top global miner beat its target for outperforming its peers over that period.
SYDNEY, Aug 21 - Australian shares closed 0.4 percent higher on Wednesday as a rebound in the banking sector offset a mixed bag of earnings that kept buyers in check, with top miner BHP Billiton Ltd sliding after its profits undershot forecasts.
SYDNEY, Aug 21 - Australian shares edged 0.1 percent higher on Wednesday morning, as a mixed bag of earnings kept buyers in check with top miner BHP Billiton Ltd sliding after its profits undershot forecasts, though a rebound in the banking sector helped support the market.
SYDNEY/WELLINGTON, Aug 7 - Australian shares skidded 1.3 percent on Wednesday, its biggest fall in five weeks, hit by sharp falls in miners and financials as regional markets tracked a soft Wall Street lead amid uncertainty about the U.S. Federal Reserve's stimulus programme
LONDON/WINNIPEG, Canada, July 31 - Miner BHP Billiton's new boss is facing his biggest test to date, weighing the fate of a $14 billion Canadian potash project just as the collapse of a dominant potash cartel puts more pressure on already weak prices.
- AAAResearchReports.com Technical Analysis: Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold, The Williams Cos., Cameco, and BHP Billiton
- Suspension of Operations, Executive Appointments, Approved Investments, Operational Updates, and Dividends - Research Report on Rio Tinto, US Steel, BHP Billiton, Peabody Energy, and Teck Resources
- Quarterly Dividends, Partnerships, Philanthropic Activities, and Financial Results - Research Report on Vale, Cliffs, Rio Tinto, BHP Billiton, and USEC
- Pre-Market Analysis: The Williams Cos. Inc., BHP Billiton Ltd, Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P., and Cameco Corp.
- Metals and Minerals Provide Production Updates and Results - Research Report on Vale, BHP Billiton, Teck, Rio Tinto, and Turquoise Hill
- Dividend Proposals, Upcoming Financial Results Schedule, Settlement Agreements, Divestitures, and Coverage Initiation - Research Report on Vale, Cliffs, Peabody, BHP Billiton, and L&L
- Pre-Market Analysis: Talisman Energy Inc., Encana Corp., BHP Billiton Ltd, and Cameco Corp.
- Divestiture Plans, Expanded Notes Offerings, Additional Financial Flexibility, Bond Pricing, and New Appointments - Research Report on Vale, Walter Energy, Peabody, BHP Billiton, and U.S. Silica
- Technical Briefing: Encana Corp., Talisman Energy Inc., BHP Billiton Ltd, and Cameco Corp.
- Financial Results, Appointments, Sustainability Reports and Multi-Year Agreements - Research Report on Vale, BHP Billiton, Cliffs, Walter Energy, and US Silica