Biogen Inc (BIIB.O)
2 Dec 2016
Wed, Nov 23 2016
NEW YORK Eli Lilly & Co's massive setback for its experimental Alzheimer's disease treatment on Wednesday sent investors scrambling to re-evaluate shares of the U.S. drugmaker and those of companies making competing therapies, including biotech stalwart Biogen Inc.
BRIEF-Biogen announces additional members of management team of hemophilia spin-off company Bioverativ
* Biogen Inc - Appoints Rogerio Vivaldi, M.D. EVP and chief global therapeutic operations officer, and John T. Greene, EVP and chief financial officer
* Drug may get $1 bln-$2 bln in peak annual sales - Piper Jaffray
BRIEF-Biogen and Ionis Pharmaceuticals announce SPINRAZA meets primary endpoint at interim analysis of phase 3 cherish study
* Biogen and Ionis Pharmaceuticals announce SPINRAZA (nusinersen) meets primary endpoint at interim analysis of phase 3 cherish study in later-onset spinal muscular atrophy
Nov 7 Biogen Inc and Ionis Pharmaceuticals said their investigational treatment for a type of rare genetic muscular disorder met its main goal in an interim analysis of a late-stage study.
BRIEF-Biogen's regulatory applications for nusinersen as a treatment for spinal muscular atrophy accepted by FDA, EMA
* Biogen's regulatory applications for nusinersen as a treatment for spinal muscular atrophy accepted by FDA and EMA
Biogen Inc on Wednesday reported better-than-expected third quarter profit, driven by higher sales of its lead multiple sclerosis drug and lower costs, and its shares rose more than 4 percent.
* Says expects reimbursement for new MS drug Zinbryta throughout Europe within 12-18 months
Oct 26 Biogen Inc reported a 7 percent rise in quarterly profit, helped by higher sales of its multiple sclerosis drugs.
* Signed material transfer agreement with Biogen under which Biogen will test Anavex's lead drug candidate, Anavex 2-73 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
- Alzheimer's Hopefuls Keep Watch For Amyloid Clues
- Biogen Ready To Rally Further
- Biotech Forum Daily Digest: A Shift In Sentiment? M&A Rumors Pick Up; Spotlight On Invitae
- Tracking Ole Andreas Halvorsen's Viking Global Portfolio - Q3 2016 Update
- What's Wrong With Pharma Stocks May Last A While, But...
- Biotech Bonanza - 5 Reasons For Biotech Stocks To Shine