Barnes & Noble Inc (BKS)
25 Jul 2016
Thu, Jul 14 2016
* Barnes & Noble announces exclusive publishing partnership with Adaptive Studios Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +1-646-223-8780)
Barnes & Noble Inc expects new products and marketing initiatives to help it attract customers as the U.S. bookstore chain operator gears up to fight fierce competition from Amazon.com Inc .
* Shares up about 6 pct after market (Adds CEO and analyst comments, details; updates shares)
June 22 Barnes & Noble Inc's quarterly sales fell 3.7 percent, the 8th straight quarter of decline, as the largest U.S. bookstore chain operator closed some stores and demand weakened further for its Nook tablets.
* For fiscal year 2017, company expects comparable bookstore sales to be approximately flat to an increase of approximately 1%
Barnes & Noble Inc , operator of the largest U.S. bookstore chain, reported a better-than-expected rise in sales at stores open at least a year, helped by higher demand for toys, gifts and other non-book merchandise.
* Shares rise as much as 8.3 percent (Adds analyst quote, shares)
March 3 Barnes & Noble Inc, the largest U.S. bookstore chain operator, reported a 1.8 percent fall in quarterly sales, hurt by lower online sales, store closures and weak demand for its Nook tablets.
- Will Barnes & Noble's Boozy Concept Store Work?
- Wall Street Breakfast: Brexit Unleashes Market Mayhem
- Barnes & Noble (BKS) Presents at Investor Day to Discuss Long term Objectives Broker Conference Call (Transcript)
- O Brexit Day! Callooh! Callay!
- Wall Street Breakfast: Should The U.K. Stay Or Should It Go?
- Let's Go Shopping! Barnes & Noble Leads Consumer Cyclical Dogs In June