Ball Corp (BLL)
29 Jun 2016
Tue, Jun 28 2016
WASHINGTON Ball Corp and Rexam Plc , the world's two largest beverage can makers, have won U.S. antitrust approval to merge on condition that they sell eight aluminum can plants in the United States, the Federal Trade Commission said on Tuesday.
WASHINGTON, June 28 Ball Corp and Rexam Plc, the world's two largest beverage can makers, have won U.S. antitrust approval to merge on condition that they sell eight aluminum can plants in the United States, the Federal Trade Commission said on Tuesday.
* Says following closing of transaction, Ball will remain a New York Stock Exchange listed company domiciled in U.S
* Ball's offer for rexam plc receives final regulatory clearance in europe
* Confirms that Conselho Administrativo De Defesa Econômica has formally approved buyer of divested assets of proposed acquisition of Rexam
* Rexam shareholders approved resolution proposed at court meeting over Ball Corp offer by requisite majority Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 806 749 1136)
* Ball corp's director hanno fiedler reports open market purchase of 7,000 shares of co's common stock at average price of $71.77 per share on may 6 Source text : http://1.usa.gov/1UN27Vq Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom; +1 646 223 8780)
* Qtrly aerospace and technologies contracted backlog grew more than $100 million to $729 million at end of q1
* Sets quarterly cash dividend of $0.13per share Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +1-646-223-8780)
Beverage can makers Ball Corp and Rexam Plc will sell some of their assets to European packaging maker Ardagh Group [ARDGR.UL] in a deal worth $3.42 billion, as they seek antitrust clearance for their planned merger.
- Whether We Want It Or Not, We All Need A Break
- InsiderInsights.com Daily Round Up 5/9/16: NLY, BLL, GLRE, MRTX
- Owens-Illinois: A Fragile Glassmaker
- Ball (BLL) Q1 2016 Results - Earnings Call Webcast
- Wall Street Breakfast: Saudi Arabia Plans Sweeping Economic Changes To Cut Oil Reliance
- With The Lows Behind Us, There Are New Market Leaders And Opportunities Emerging