News: BNP Paribas SA (BNPP.PA)
6 Dec 2013
Fri, Dec 6 2013
LONDON, Dec 6 - Deutsche Bank's decision to quit trading in most commodity markets is another sign of the excess capacity across the commodity-trading sector and likely foreshadows further consolidation over the next two to three years.
WARSAW - BNP Paribas has agreed to buy the Polish business of its Dutch rival Rabobank for $1.4 billion, as the French bank returns to the acquisition trail after a period of re-structuring and seeks growth outside the euro zone.
* BGZ shares jump by up to 8 pct (Adds BNP adviser comments, updates shares)
* BGZ shares up 8 pct (Updates throughout, adds valuation, analysts)
* BNP Paribas agreed to buy Polish Rabobank unit, Bank BGZ
WARSAW, Dec 2 - France's BNP Paribas agreed to buy the Dutch lender Rabobank's Polish unit Bank BGZ, valuing it at 4.2 billion zlotys ($1.4 billion) in another sign the local banking sector undergoes fast consolidation, Rabobank said.
PARIS, Nov 19 - BNP Paribas, France's biggest bank, has almost completed an internal review into dollar payments that may have been made in breach of U.S. economic sanctions, saying it will now present its findings "in the near future".
PARIS/LONDON, November 19 (Fitch) Last week's agreement for BNP Paribas (BNPP) to buy Belgium's 25% stake in its BNP Paribas Fortis subsidiary has benefits for both the French bank and the Belgian state, Fitch Ratings says. It simplifies BNPP's group structure while continuing to enhance earnings, and reduces public debt for Belgium. BNPP's earnings already benefit from its majority ownership of BNP Paribas Fortis. The bank says the deal is likely to be accretive to earnings per share in 2
PARIS - BNP Paribas has agreed to buy the Belgian state's 25 percent stake in BNP Paribas Fortis for 3.25 billion euros ($4.36 billion) in a move that will help the country keep its commitment to lower public debt.
* Belgium to keep 10.3 pct stake in BNP Paribas (Adds detail, comments)
- BNP Paribas 3Q 2013 - Interview with CEO Jean-Laurent Bonnafé
- BNP Paribas Q2 2013 - Interview with CEO Jean-Laurent Bonnafé
- BNP Paribas Q1 2013 - Interview with CEO Jean-Laurent Bonnafé
- GROUPE BNP PARIBAS : Fourth quarter 2012 results
- BNP Paribas FY 2012 - Interview with CEO Jean-Laurent Bonnafé
- BNP Paribas Q3 2012 - Interview with CEO Jean-Laurent Bonnafé
- BNP Paribas CEO Jean-Laurent Bonnafé Comments on Results for Q2 2012
- BNP Paribas CEO Jean-Laurent Bonnafé comments on results for Q1 2012
- Simon Property Group Completes Acquisition of 28.7% Interest in Klepierre and Closings of Public Offerings of Common Stock and Senior Notes
- BNP Paribas CEO Jean-Laurent Bonnafé Comments on 2011 Results