News: BP PLC (BP.L)
Wed, Sep 24 2014
HOUSTON - BP Plc cannot recoup what it says were inflated claims paid under a multi-billion dollar settlement program to compensate people hurt by the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill, a U.S. judge ruled on Wednesday.
HOUSTON, Sept 24 - A U.S. judge has ruled that BP Plc cannot recoup what it says were inflated claims paid under a multi-billion dollar settlement program to compensate people hurt by the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill, NOLA.com reported on Wednesday.
* Aims to become a global LNG firm in medium to long term
LONDON - BP will cut around 275 staff and contractor jobs in its Alaska operations in early 2015 following the sale of its interests in four oil fields in the North Slope area, it said on Tuesday.
LONDON, Sept 16 - BP will cut around 275 staff and contractor jobs in its Alaska operations in early 2015 following the sale of its interests in four oil fields in the North Slope area, it said on Tuesday.
LONDON, Sept 15 - Energy shares pushed Britain's top share index lower on Monday, hit by the combination of slowing economic growth in China, the world's top energy consumer, and new sanctions against Russia.
EDINBURGH - The fate of the United Kingdom remained unclear five days before a historic referendum on Scottish independence as three new polls on Saturday showed a slight lead for supporters of the union, but one saying the separatist campaign was pulling ahead. | Video
* Deutsche Bank says desire UK break is 'incomprehensible'
* 12,000 loyalists march for the union in Scottish capital
EDINBURGH, Sept 13 - The campaign battle over Scottish independence took a bitter turn on Saturday when a senior nationalist warned businesses such as BP that they could face punishment for voicing concern over the impact of secession.
- Pricing of Offering, Competitions, Dividends, Scheduled Conference Calls, and Recognitions - Research Reports on Ensco, BP, Range Resources, Devon Energy and Hess
- Technical Updates, Upcoming Event, New Agreement, and Close of Sale of Assets - Research Reports on Kinder Morgan, Marathon Petroleum, BP, Noble and Pioneer
- Oceaneering Announces BP Angola Contract Extension
- Statement on Court's Decision, Technical Updates, Commencement of Binding Open Season, and Senior Management Changes - Research Reports on BP, Vale, Kinder Morgan, Pioneer and Marathon
- Sale of Holding, Regulatory Approvals, Review of Stake, Commencement of Production, and Dividends - Research Reports on Vale, Kinder Morgan, Rio Tinto, BP and Rockwood
- Technical Coverage on Integrated Oil and Gas Stocks -- BP PLC, Chevron, Statoil, YPF S.A., and Petroleo Brasileiro
- Technical Updates, Product Approvals, and Project Sanctions - Research Reports on Occidental, Dow Chemical, Hess, BP and Cabot
- Project Approvals, Recognitions, Earnings Revision, Quarterly Earnings Releases, and New Product Launch - Research Reports on BP, US Steel, Morgan Stanley, Dresser-Rand and 3M
- Financial Earnings Releases, Participation in Roundtable Meeting, and Condolences - Research Reports on BP, Schlumberger, Eastman, Monsanto and Du Pont
- Integrated Oil and Gas Equities Coverage -- Exxon Mobil, Chevron, Statoil, BP PLC, and YPF S.A.