News: BP PLC (BP.L)
19 Dec 2014
Fri, Dec 19 2014
LONDON - BP faces a first and heavy loss from its stake in Russia's Rosneft due to plummeting oil prices and a crumbling rouble, potentially forcing it to write down the value of its once-prized asset.
* BP EPS could be cut to 5 cents due to first Rosneft loss
LONDON, Dec 16 - Britain's top equity index rebounded off two-month lows on Tuesday as a drop in UK inflation propped up the stock market in the face of market turmoil caused by Russia.
Dec 15 - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2100 GMT on Monday:
LONDON - (This Dec 7 story corrects year in para 3)
LONDON, Dec 12 - BP and Husky Energy on Friday started operations at the Sunrise oil sands project in Canada, paving the way for oil production in the first quarter next year, BP said in a statement.
* BP confirmed today that operations have started at Sunrise Phase 1 in-situ oil sands project in Alberta, Canada, with start of steam generation
LONDON, Dec 11 - Britain's top share index edged higher on Thursday, after a three-session losing streak pushed it to its lowest levels in over a month, with major oil firms picking up after a sell-off.
- John Wood Group Plc , a British energy services company, said it expected relative resilience in 2015 helped by its largely reimbursable order book and range of longer-term contracts.
Dec 11 - John Wood Group Plc, a British energy services company, said it had secured a $750 million, five-year contract from BP for engineering, procurement and construction services in Grangemouth, Scotland.
- Equity Coverage on Integrated Oil and Gas Industry - BP PLC, Chevron, Statoil, Total, and Royal Dutch Shell
- Integrated Oil and Gas Equities Update - Petroleo Brasileiro, Chevron, BP PLC, Statoil, and Total
- Interim Changes, Quarterly Results, Technical Update, and Investments - Research Reports on Petroleo Brasileiro, Hess, BP, Devon Energy and Alcoa
- Financial Results, Oil Discovery, Upcoming Earnings, and Technical Updates - Research Reports on Devon, BP, Ralph Lauren, State Street and First Niagara
- Mandatory Disclosures, Technical Update, Close of Sale, and Upcoming Earnings - Research Reports on BP, Energy Transfer, Marathon, Southwestern Energy and Capital One
- Technical Coverage on Integrated Oil and Gas Equities - Petroleo Brasileiro, BP PLC, Chevron, Statoil, and Total
- Pricing of Offering, Competitions, Dividends, Scheduled Conference Calls, and Recognitions - Research Reports on Ensco, BP, Range Resources, Devon Energy and Hess
- Technical Updates, Upcoming Event, New Agreement, and Close of Sale of Assets - Research Reports on Kinder Morgan, Marathon Petroleum, BP, Noble and Pioneer
- Oceaneering Announces BP Angola Contract Extension
- Statement on Court's Decision, Technical Updates, Commencement of Binding Open Season, and Senior Management Changes - Research Reports on BP, Vale, Kinder Morgan, Pioneer and Marathon