News: BP PLC (BP_pb.L)
6 Mar 2014
Mon, Mar 10 2014
* Scotland seeks Britain's North Sea oil if it breaks away
LONDON, March 6 - Oil and gas major BP said it had mothballed plans to explore in Libya's Ghadames basin because of security concerns, the latest in a series of companies to rethink their projects amid growing instability.
LONDON - BP Plc said regulators from the United States and Asia have asked it for information after the European Commission's started an investigation last year into suspected manipulation of oil prices.
LONDON - Oil and gas major BP Plc more than tripled Chief Executive Bob Dudley's pay last year, the firm's annual report showed on Thursday, with cash and performance-related bonuses taking his total remuneration to $8.7 million.
By David Sheppard and Peg Mackey LONDON, March 6 - Oil and gas major BP Plc more than tripled Chief Executive Bob Dudley's pay last year, the firm's annual report showed on Thursday, with cash and performance-related bonuses taking his total remuneration to $8.7 million. The payout came as the CEO works to right the course of BP following the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill and streamline the business, returning cash to shareholders. Dudley was awarded a cash bonus of $2.3 m
LONDON, March 6 - BP Plc said regulators from the United States and Asia have asked it for information after the European Commission's started an investigation last year into suspected manipulation of oil prices.
LONDON - Royal Dutch Shell Plc has become the second oil heavyweight to urge Scotland to stay in the United Kingdom, a new setback for the campaign for Scottish independence.
LONDON, March 5 - Asking petroleum engineers and managers used to working offshore and on complex engineering megaprojects, the equivalent of building Ferraris, to start developing shale plays, the equivalent of building VW Golfs, was never going to work.
- A divided U.S. appeals court has rejected BP Plc's bid to block businesses from recovering money over the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill, even if they could not trace their economic losses to the disaster. | Video
LONDON - Oil major BP stands by its investments in Russia, chief executive Bob Dudley said on Tuesday amid calls from U.S. officials to isolate Russia and reduce economic cooperation with Moscow over the Ukrainian crisis.
- Stock Updates on Oil & Gas Bellwethers: Chevron, Encana, Total S.A., and BP PLC
- Ongoing Production Updates, Legal Outcomes, New Business Ventures, and Cash Tender Offers - Analyst Notes on ExxonMobil, Chevron, BP, Encana, and Murphy Oil
- Industrial Market Outlook in Review: North American Refinery Turnarounds Expected to Drop in 2014, an Industrial Info News Alert
- Halliburton Strong Abroad, Less So at Home in 2013, Expects $3 Billion in Capex in 2014, an Industrial Info News Alert
- Kosmos Energy Announces Rig Share Agreement for Exploration Program
- Stock Movements, Oil Discoveries, Upgraded Ratings, and Approved Projects - Research Report on Chevron, BP, Ecopetrol, Murphy Oil, and Total SA
- Pre-Market Equity Coverage: Exxon Mobil, Total, BP PLC, and Royal Dutch Shell
- Key Earnings, News Developments: FreeSeas Inc, ReneSola Ltd, Rite Aid Corporation, BP plc, Plug Power Inc
- Pre-Market Commentary: Exxon Mobil, BP PLC, Royal Dutch Shell, and Total S.A.
- Pioneer Litigation Funder, LawFinance Group, Announces The Availability Of $50MM For Lawyers Facing Delays On BP Claims