News: Broadcom Corp (BRCM.O)
24 Jul 2014
Tue, Jul 22 2014
SAN FRANCISCO - Broadcom Corp said on Tuesday it is winding down its money-losing cellular baseband chip business and cutting one-fifth of its total workforce, instead of selling the unit.
SAN FRANCISCO, July 22 - Broadcom Corp said on Tuesday it is winding down its money-losing cellular baseband chip business and cutting one-fifth of its total workforce, instead of selling the unit.
SAN FRANCISCO, July 22 - Broadcom Corp : * CEO says winding down baseband business and not pursuing sale * CFO says to reduce worldwide headcount by "additional" 2,250 employees
SAN FRANCISCO, July 22 - Broadcom posted lower second-quarter revenue on Tuesday that slightly missed Wall Street's expectations as the chipmaker plans to exit the fiercely competitive cellular baseband business.
* Revised ISM manufacturing data will come close to expectations
- Chipmaker Broadcom Corp said it was looking to exit its cellular baseband business, and forecast current-quarter margins to beat or be at the high end of its estimate.
* Shares rise as much as 13 pct (Adds analyst comment, details from conference call)
* Indexes down: Dow 0.1 pct, S&P 0.3 pct, Nasdaq 0.6 pct (Updates to open, adds economic data and analyst comment)
* Futures up: Dow 15 pts, S&P 1.3 pt, Nasdaq 2 pts (Updates prices, adds Broadcom news)
June 2 - Chipmaker Broadcom Corp said it was looking to sell or wind-down of its cellular baseband business.
- Broadcom Cuts 2,500 Jobs as It Kills Its Baseband Business
- Why Broadcom (BRCM) Stock Is Gaining Today
- Broadcom's (BRCM) CEO Scott McGregor on Q2 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Q2 2014 Broadcom Corp Earnings Conference Call (Webcast)
- Growth In Broadband And Infrastructure To Offset Decline In Broadcom's Wireless Revenue In Q2 2014
- Bulls Remain Unfazed By Borderline Black Swans
- Broadcom Corporation to Offer Senior Notes
- Broadcom Reports Second Quarter 2014 Results
- Videocon d2h Chooses Broadcom to Deliver HD Satellite Service to Growing India Pay-TV Market
- Hathway Selects Broadcom Technology to Deliver High Speed Broadband Services to Subscribers throughout India
- Broadcom Extends Small Cell Leadership with New Devices for Residential, Enterprise and Outdoor Markets
- Broadcom Announces Conference Call to Review Second Quarter 2014 Financial Results
- Broadcom and Sagemcom Enable Live Ultra HD Broadcast of 2014 World Cup Events
- Broadcom Technology Enables Oi to Deliver Live Ultra HD Broadcast of 2014 World Cup Events
- Broadcom HEVC-Enabled Technology Delivers Live Ultra HD Broadcast of 2014 World Cup by NETServicos
- Open Industry Consortium to Bring 25 and 50 Gigabit Ethernet to Cloud-Scale Networks