Boston Scientific Corp (BSX)
26 Apr 2017
Tue, Apr 18 2017
* Boston Scientific initiates global study to assess sudden cardiac arrest prevention therapy in patients with diabetes who have previously experienced a heart attack
Boston Scientific Corp on Thursday agreed to buy Swiss medical device maker Symetis SA for $435 million, looking to bolster its presence in Europe after recalling a range of heart valves in the region.
* Symetis' Acurate devices complementary to Boston Scientific's Lotus valves
* Symetis and Boston Scientific reach USD 435 million purchase agreement
* Boston Scientific Corp - deal for $435 million in up-front cash
March 30 Boston Scientific Corp said on Thursday it would buy privately-held Swiss medical device maker Symetis SA for $435 million to expand its business of making minimally invasive heart devices.
BRIEF-Boston Scientific CEO Michael Mahoney's FY 2016 total compensation was $12 mln vs $11.6 mln in FY 2015
* CEO Michael Mahoney's FY 2016 total compensation was $12.0 million versus $11.6 million in FY 2015 - sec filing Source text (http://bit.ly/2ny4bpM) Further company coverage:
* District court in Germany ruled that Boston Scientific's lotus valve infringes one of co's patents for transcatheter aortic valves
* Boston scientific receives favorable rulings in edwards lifesciences litigation
* Edwards Lifesciences Corp says company is not changing its financial guidance
- The Return Of Medtech Scale-Building?
- Hologic Is Trading Close To Its 52-Week High, And Is Still A Solid Buy Opportunity For 2017
- IHI: Keep Riding The Medical Devices Momentum
- Snippet Roundup: Merck Gets Tecos Knockback, Gottlieb Moves Towards FDA Hotseat
- Boston Scientific: Symetis Acquisition
- Boston Buys Symetis And Accelerates In Aortic - But Ditches Mitral