BT Group PLC (BT)
30 Nov 2016
Tue, Nov 29 2016
LONDON Britain's telecoms regulator will go to the European Commission to try to force BT to legally separate Openreach, the division that supplies broadband to millions of homes and businesses, in a major reform aimed at spurring investment in the country's aging network.
* Ofcom to go to Europe to try to force legal separation of Openreach
* "We note Ofcom's announcement this morning, updating on next steps of digital communications review"
LONDON, Nov 29 British telecoms regulator Ofcom said on Tuesday it was preparing to go to the European Commission to try to force BT to legally separate its networks division Openreach after the two sides failed to come to a voluntary agreement.
Nov 28 BT Group Plc said Mike McTighe, former board member of Ofcom, has been appointed the first chairman of Openreach, BT's fixed network business.
* Airwaves for mobile broadband to be sold in 2.3 ghz and 3.4 ghz bands
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) LONDON, November 17 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed BT Group plc's (BT) Long-Term Issuer Default Rating (IDR) at 'BBB+'. The Outlook is Stable. A full list of rating actions is below. BT's ratings take into account its solid incumbent telecom position in the competitive UK telecoms market following its acquisition of EE, and its strong cash flow generation and conservative leverage relative to European incumbent peers. KEY RATIN
* CEO says currently not in any discussions about BT stake Further company coverage: (Frankfurt Newsroom)
LONDON Britain's biggest broadband provider BT should consider selling off its Openreach network division, shareholder Aviva Investors has suggested, according to a Sunday Telegraph report.
LONDON Deutsche Telekom is considering selling its 12 percent stake in BT Group , two sources familiar with the matter said, paving the way for it to leave the British telecoms market following Britain's vote to quit the European Union.
- Wall Street Breakfast: OPEC Divisions Run Deep
- IMF November Buys: The 14 Stocks Added To My Fund
- Wall Street Breakfast: Healthcare Mega-Mergers In The Spotlight
- My Top 3 Dividend Bargains For December
- Hunting For Dividend Shares In Uncertain Times
- BT Group's (BT) CEO Gavin Patterson on Q2 2017 Results - Earnings Call Transcript