News: Canon Inc (CAJ.N)
18 Dec 2013
Wed, Nov 27 2013
TOKYO, Nov 27 - Japan's Nikkei stock average fell on Wednesday on profit-taking, peeling further away from a six-month high, although gains in Nikon Corp and Canon Inc helped limit losses. The Nikkei ended 0.4 percent lower at 15,449.63, down for a second straight day and retreating further from a six-month peak touched on Monday. Still, the benchmark is up nearly 49 percent this year. Nikon, Ricoh Co Ltd and Canon rose between 0.8 and 2.6 percent after Hewlett-Packard Co beat
TOKYO - Japan's Canon Corp cut its operating profit outlook for the second quarter in a row, below analysts' estimates, warning that sales of its signature high-end cameras will fall this year for the first time since their launch in 2003.
* Q3 operating profit rebounds vs weak year-earlier period
(Corrects milestone to 4-week high in headline, and first and second paragraphs) TOKYO, Sept 4 - The Nikkei share average edged up to a four-week high on Wednesday, helped by futures-led buying, marking its third-straight day of gains. The benchmark Nikkei ended up 0.5 percent at 14,053.87, its highest closing since Aug. 6. The index has surged 35 percent this year, but is 12 percent below its May peak. The broader Topix advanced 0.6 percent to 1,156.30 in relatively light
* Nikkei falls 0.8 pct, Topix down 0.4 pct * Canon jumps on share buyback announcement * Investors eye US jobs data, Olympics bid outcome * Earthquake hits eastern Japan, has little effect By Tomo Uetake TOKYO, Sept 4 - The Nikkei average retreated from a near three-week high on Wednesday morning, hit by profit-taking after recent big gains, with many investors on the sidelines ahead of key events in coming days. The benchmark Nikkei shed 0.8 percent at 13,868.
TOKYO, Sept 3 - Japan's Canon Inc said on Tuesday that it will buy back up to 1.6 percent of its own shares, spending up to 50 billion yen ($503.3 million) between Sept. 4 and Nov. 1.
- Sharp Corp, Japan's largest display maker, has called off talks with Samsung Electronics Co Ltd to jointly set up a copier sales company, the Kyodo said.
TOKYO - Nosy governments and nervous homeowners, among other drivers of the surveillance society, may soon upstage amateur photographers as the focus for big camera makers such as Canon Inc who spot growing opportunities in the security market.
TOKYO, Aug 23 - Nosy governments and nervous homeowners, among other drivers of the surveillance society, may soon upstage amateur photographers as the focus for big camera makers such as Canon Inc who spot growing opportunities in the security market.
* Nikkei should see support at 25-day moving average - analysts * Yahoo Japan, Advantest disappoint market * CPI seen positive but failed to support decline By Ayai Tomisawa TOKYO, July 26 - Japan's Nikkei share average fell to a two-week low on Friday morning, as selling accelerated on the back of a firmer yen and disappointing quarterly earnings from the likes of Canon Inc and Advantest Corp . The Nikkei fell 1.9 percent to 14,288.92 in mid-morning trade after s
- New imageCLASS Printers Deliver Ease of Use and Streamlined Connectivity<7751.T>
- Canon Receives Highest Ranking in Customer Satisfaction for Multi-Function Inkjet Printers in the 2013 J.D. Power Satisfaction Report<7751.T>
- AAAResearchReports.com Expert Briefing:Foot Locker, Bunge, Brunswick and Canon
- Canon U.S.A. Updates Océ PRISMAaccess Job Submission and Print Management Software for Production Environments<7751.T>
- Canon U.S.A. Unveils Océ VarioPrint 6000+ Series of High-Speed, High-Volume Digital Production Printers<7751.T>
- Canon Exhibits Comprehensive Visualization Solutions at Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference<7751.T>
- Connect Directly to Santa’s Workshop and Spread Holiday Cheer with the Canon U.S.A. North Pole PIXMA Application for Facebook®<7751.T>
- Canon U.S.A. Announces New Wireless Digital Radiography Detector at RSNA 2013<7751.T>
- Canon U.S.A. Supports Award-Winning Sebastian River Medical Center with Innovative Bariatric Solutions<7751.T>
- Canon imagePROGRAF Printers Earn 2014 “Wide Format Graphic Arts Printer Line of the Year” Award from Buyers Laboratory LLC<7751.T>