News: Canon Inc (CAJ.N)
5 Feb 2016
* Canon to appoint senior managing director Masaya Maeda to president and COO - Nikkei
TOKYO Japan's Canon Inc on Tuesday cut its full-year profit view citing weaker-than-expected demand for consumer cameras in China and Southeast Asia, adding weight to its near $3 billion decision this year to expand into surveillance equipment.
* Camera recovery hard to predict, China stimulus could help -CFO (Adds camera sales forecasts, shares, context)
Tokyo, Oct 27 Japan's Canon Inc on Tuesday lowered its full-year earnings forecast, citing slower-than-expected demand for digital cameras in China and Southeast Asian countries.
PARIS Canon Inc, the world's biggest maker of cameras and printers, is setting its sights on higher growth fueled by acquisitions as it expands into related markets like video surveillance and medical imaging, Chairman Fujio Mitarai said.
* Signs distribution agreement with Canon IT Solutions, a subsidiary of Canon Marketing Japan group
* Says orders machinery equipment from Canon Inc for T$578 million ($17.75 million)
- Canon (CAJ) Fiscal Year 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Canon (CAJ) Q3 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Is Additive Manufacturing Going To Print Profits?
- Japan Is Seeing Green But Not Going Green
- Why Companies Are Starting To Reinvest In Japan
- China: The Short Heard 'Round The World - Part 1
- Canon Delivers Advanced Solutions for the Legal Industry at LegalTech 2016<7751.T>
- Canon Announces uniFLOW V5.4 the Latest Version of Its Award-Winning Single Platform Output, Device and Scan Management Solution<7751.T>
- Canon Unveils the Future of imageRUNNER ADVANCE Technology with High-Volume Multifunction Systems<7751.T>
- Fast, Formidable, and 4K, All-in-One Camera Canon U.S.A. Introduces the EOS-1D X Mark II Professional Digital Camera<7751.T>
- Canon Solutions America Sparks Innovation at the 2016 Best Value Conference<7751.T>
- Canon U.S.A. Launches the New Océ Arizona 1200 Series UV Flatbed Printers to Capture the Imagination of Customers<7751.T>
- Canon U.S.A. Celebrates Filmmakers As They Explore Their Creativity As A Sponsor Of The 2016 Sundance Film Festival<7751.T>
- Canon U.S.A. and EFI Announce Solutions Designed to Meet Market Demand for Highly Automated Workflow Solutions<7751.T>
- Canon BioMedical expands assays to support genetic researchers<7751.T>
- Canon Ranks Among Top Three U.S. Patent Holders For 2015<7751.T>