News: Canon Inc (CAJ.N)
21 Nov 2014
Wed, Nov 19 2014
* Depreciating yen boosts exporter shares * Investors buy Honda, Canon * October export growth offers respite from economic gloom By Thomas Wilson TOKYO, Nov 20 - Japanese stocks edged up on Thursday as a further weakening of the yen boosted market sentiment. The Nikkei benchmark added 0.2 percent to 17,318.85 by 0142 GMT, not far from a seven-year high scaled last week. "A huge chunk of Japanese corporate profits come from overseas, and with the weak yen, inves
* Public pension fund to more than double stock holdings - reports * BOJ policy meeting eyed, no change in policy expected * Canon shines after share buyback announcement * Weaker yen helps exporters By Thomas Wilson TOKYO, Oct 31 - Japan's Nikkei share average jumped on Friday as the government prepared to approve new allocation targets for the world's largest pension fund that are expected to sharply increase its purchases of domestic stocks. Tokyo will appr
* Says to buy back up to 50 billion yen ($458.25 million) of own shares, or 1.5 percent of own shares Further company coverage: (1 US dollar = 109.1100 Japanese yen)
(Corrects percentage decline in index and actual level in paragraph 5) * Strong retail sales lifts Seven & i, Aeon * Takeda soars after punitive damages slashed in Actos case * Fujifilm extends gains, but fund manager says its core business uncertain By Ayai Tomisawa TOKYO, Oct 28 - Japanese stocks fell Tuesday morning after Canon Inc tumbled on weak earnings and soft global data offset upbeat domestic retail figures as investors waited cautiously for the outcome o
TOKYO - Japan's Canon Inc said quarterly operating profit fell by a fifth as demand for digital cameras slumped and it spent more on developing new businesses, but it nudged up its full-year earnings estimates on a sharply weaker yen.
TOKYO, Oct 27 - Japan's Canon Inc said quarterly operating profit fell by a fifth as demand for digital cameras slumped and it spent more on developing new businesses, but it nudged up its full-year earnings estimates on a sharply weaker yen.
TOKYO, Oct 27 - Japan's Canon Inc reported a 21 percent drop in operating profit for the July to September quarter as a slump in the global digital camera market outweighed a boost from a weaker yen.
Oct 27 - Canon Inc CONSOLIDATED FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS (in billions of yen unless specified) 9 months ended 9 months ended Year to Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2013 Dec 31, 2014 LATEST YEAR-AGO COMPANY RESULTS RESULT FORECAST Sales 2.67 trln 2.70 trln 3.74 trln (-1.1 p
TOKYO - Japan's Canon Inc said second-quarter operating profit jumped 12 percent to its highest for any quarter in nearly three years, as strong earnings in overseas office equipment offset continuing weakness in its camera business.
TOKYO, July 23 - Japan's Canon Inc said second-quarter operating profit jumped 12 percent to its highest for any quarter in nearly three years, as strong earnings in overseas office equipment offset continuing weakness in its camera business.
- Canon's Oce Arizona Series Wins Three SGIA 2014 "Product of the Year" Awards<7751.T>
- Minuteman Press Expands Its Reach with Canon Solutions America<7751.T>
- Canon U.S.A. Earns Center of Excellence Certification by BenchmarkPortal<7751.T>
- Canon Cinema EOS Products Capture Sebastian Junger’s The Last Patrol<7751.T>
- Canon Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of 2014 Magic Quadrant for Managed Print and Content Services<7751.T>
- Canon U.S.A. Introduces New Super-Telephoto Zoom Lens, the Compact and Highly Mobile Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM<7751.T>
- Canon U.S.A. Demonstrates Commitment to Customer Support with the Openings of Two Customer Service Operation Centers in the Western U.S.<7751.T>
- Canon Solutions America Sponsors Inaugural Solutions Advisory Council<7751.T>
- Canon Listens to the Demands of Customers and Continues to Deliver Dedicated High-Quality Solutions for the Creative Community with the Launch of its New imagePRESS C60 Color Digital Press<7751.T>
- Canon U.S.A. and Virtual Imaging, Inc., Announce the RadPRO DELINIA 200 Digital X-ray Acquisition Cart as New, Cost-effective Way to Acquire Canon Digital Radiography Capability<7751.T>