News: Carrefour SA (CARR.PA)
20 Aug 2014
Thu, Jul 31 2014
(Adds CEO comment on exposure to and investment in Argentina, share price move and trader quote)
BERLIN/PARIS, July 31 - Two of Europe's top retailers, France's Carrefour and Germany's Metro , are making progress in their quests to revive performance in their home markets, with Metro rewarding its chief executive with a contract extension.
PARIS, July 31 - Carrefour Chief Executive Georges Plassat said the impact of an imminent debt default by Argentina was manageable but added that the French retailer would slow down its planned investments in the country.
PARIS, July 31 - Carrefour, the world's second-largest retailer, reported a 13.8 percent rise in first-half recurring operating profit to 833 million euros ($1.12 billion), driven by higher profitability in its core French business and in Brazil and Argentina, while China stayed under pressure.
PARIS, July 30 - Unibail Rodamco, Europe's biggest real estate company, has agreed to sell a portfolio of six shopping centres in France to Carmila, a real estate company backed by retailer Carrefour.
July 29 - Risesun Real Estate Development Co Ltd
PARIS - Carrefour , the world's second-biggest retailer, posted its best three-month sales in five years thanks to signs of recovery in austerity-hit southern Europe, where even Italy returned to growth thanks to World Cup promotions.
* Shares outperform European retail sector (Adds CFO call with analysts, share reaction)
PARIS, July 17 - Carrefour, Europe's largest retailer, said on Thursday that like-for-like sales growth accelerated in the second quarter, reflecting improving trends in austerity-hit Southern Europe and notably Italy.
(Adds details on talks to sell stores, amount invested in India, consultant comments)
- 5 More Undervalued Companies For The Defensive Investor
- CA's (CA) CEO Michael Gregoire on Q1 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Q4 2014 Ca Inc Earnings Conference Call (Webcast)
- 3 Deft July Nasdaq Dogs Dart For 14.5% To 34.9% Upsides
- 5 Undervalued Companies For Defensive Investors
- Will This Estimate Decrease Hurt CA Technologies (CA) Stock Today?
- Carrefour: 2014 First Half Results: Continued Growth
- Carrefour: Submission of the Six-Month Financial Report June 30, 2014
- Carrefour: Strong Organic Sales Growth: +4.9% In Q2 2014
- Carrefour Announces the Closure of Its Five Stores in India
- Carrefour Acquires 53 Billa Supermarkets in Italy
- Carrefour Announces a Plan to Acquire the Activities of DIA in France
- Carrefour: Result of the Option to Receive the 2013 Dividend Payment in Shares
- Carrefour Announces the Completion of Its Agreements with Klépierre and the Creation of CARMILA, a Company Dedicated to Enhancing the Value of Its Shopping Centers in Europe
- Carrefour Dividend for Financial Year 2013
- Carrefour: SOLID ORGANIC SALES GROWTH IN Q1 2014, UP BY +3.7%