News: Caterpillar Inc (CAT)
23 May 2013
Mon, May 20 2013
CHICAGO, May 20 - Caterpillar Inc said late on Monday that it would resume contract talks with the union representing about 800 Milwaukee workers who make specialized mining machinery.
CHICAGO, May 20 - Caterpillar Inc said on Monday that retail demand for its construction and mining equipment continued to be sluggish in April, though the sales picture appeared to be improving in almost every market outside North America.
CHICAGO - Caterpillar Inc's deal to cut the purchase price of a Chinese mining-equipment maker it bought last year ends an embarrassing episode that overshadowed the company's effort to expand in China and distracted its executives for months.
- Caterpillar Inc and China-based Mining Machinery Ltd said on Thursday they have settled outstanding issues related to Caterpillar's acquisition of mining equipment firm ERA and its Siwei unit through a reduction in the purchase price.
May 17 - Caterpillar Inc has reached a deal to cut $135 million from the price owed for a Chinese mining equipment maker, after accounting irregularities were discovered at the acquired company that forced Caterpillar to take a $580 million impairment charge.
May 16 - Caterpillar Inc and China-based Mining Machinery Ltd said on Thursday they have settled outstanding issues related to Caterpillar's acquisition of mining equipment firm ERA and its Siwei unit through a reduction in the purchase price.
- Caterpillar Inc said Thursday that a bid by the United Steelworkers Union to re-open contract talks on behalf of workers in Milwaukee who make mining machinery had not resulted in a breakthrough and that no new meetings between the two sides were scheduled.
- Shares of the world's largest construction and mining equipment maker Caterpillar Inc look poised to rise as the economic recovery picks up, financial newspaper Barron's said on Sunday.
CHICAGO - An odd thing happened on Monday when Caterpillar Inc , the world's largest maker of earth-moving equipment, posted disappointing profits and cut its full-year forecast, blaming weakness in the mining industry it bet on so heavily in recent years.
April 22 - Headlines Bumi shares halted amid payments concern () Bribery probe lifts Walmart directors' pay ()
- First Use of Natural Gas to Power Equipment for Hydraulic Fracturing in Northeastern Pennsylvania
- Caterpillar and Mining Machinery Limited Announce Settlement Agreement Related to Siwei Acquisition
- Caterpillar Chief Technology Officer Urges Congress to Pass Immigration Reform Legislation to Support Manufacturing in the United States
- Caterpillar Inc. Group President and Investor Relations Senior Manager to Participate in the Wells Fargo Securities: Industrial and Construction Conference 2013 on May 8, 2013; Webcast Available
- Caterpillar to Unveil Well Stimulation Pumps at OTC 2013
- Caterpillar Releases Dynamic Gas Blending Retrofit Kit for Well Stimulation Applications
- Caterpillar to Supply Prime Power for Six Drillships
- Caterpillar Announces $1 Billion Accelerated Stock Repurchase Program
- Cat Financial Announces First-Quarter 2013 Results
- Caterpillar Announces New Organization to Drive Sustained Improvements in Customer Deliveries and Operational Efficiencies and to Build on Recent Product Quality Improvements