Caterpillar Inc (CAT)
21 Oct 2016
Mon, Oct 17 2016
CHICAGO Caterpillar Inc insider Jim Umpleby will become chief executive of the heavy equipment maker on Jan. 1, faced with the challenge of reversing a multiyear sales decline triggered by the global commodities slump.
CHICAGO, Oct 17 Caterpillar Inc insider Jim Umpleby will become chief executive of the heavy equipment maker on Jan. 1, faced with the challenge of reversing a multiyear sales decline triggered by the global commodities slump.
* Compensation committee of board approved increase in James Umpleby's annual salary to $1.2 million effective January 1, 2017 Source text for Eikon: [http://bit.ly/2dYUtZa] Further company coverage:
* Caterpillar Chairman and CEO Doug Oberhelman elects to retire in 2017; Jim Umpleby elected as Caterpillar's next CEO; Dave Calhoun to become non-executive chairman of the board
Oct 17 Heavy equipment maker Caterpillar Inc said Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Doug Oberhelman will retire, effective March 31.
* Caterpillar Inc says to maintain quarterly cash dividend of $0.77 per share of common stock Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Announcing price action of 0% - 4% worldwide on most machines.
* Caterpillar vice president Kim Hauer to pursue outside opportunity
* World dealer reported retail statistics of machines for 3-month rolling period ended August down 17 percent - SEC filing
* Caterpillar and dealers announce $1 billion investment in business, education and training across Africa