News: CBS Corp (CBS.N)
Mon, Jun 17 2013
June 17 - Video streaming service Netflix Inc signed an exclusive multiyear deal for a slate of new TV series from "Shrek" creator DreamWorks Animation, deepening its push into original programming to stand apart from Internet competitors.
WASHINGTON - U.S. President Barack Obama's chief of staff said on Sunday the election of Iranian President Hassan Rohani was a "potentially hopeful sign," and that if he lived up to his obligation "to come clean on this illicit nuclear program, he will find a partner in us."
- The CBS broadcast television network is close to finishing sales of roughly $2.7 billion in advance advertising commitments for the fall TV season, a person familiar with the negotiations said on Friday.
June 7 - The CBS broadcast television network is close to finishing sales of roughly $2.7 billion in advance advertising commitments for the fall TV season, a person familiar with the negotiations said on Friday.
SAN FRANCISCO - Amazon.com Inc wrote its largest-ever check for a subscription-streaming deal, securing hundreds of mostly childrens' TV programs from Viacom Inc for its Internet video service and ratcheting up pressure on rival Netflix. | Video
SAN FRANCISCO, June 4 - Amazon.com Inc wrote its largest ever check for a subscription streaming deal on Tuesday to secure hundreds of mostly kids' TV shows for the company's Internet video service, ratcheting up pressure on rival Netflix Inc.
- CBS Corp said on Friday it acquired full ownership of TV Guide's online and mobile apps divisions, buying out the 50 percent share held by Lions Gate Entertainment Corp.
May 31 - CBS Corp said on Friday it acquired full ownership of TV Guide's online and mobile apps divisions, buying out the 50 percent share held by Lions Gate Entertainment Corp.
- Broadcast network CBS said on Tuesday it won this season's ratings race among the 18-to-49 age group most prized by advertisers, claiming its first victory in that audience in 21 years.
LOS ANGELES - CBS said on Monday that the network will delay airing the season finale of sitcom "Mike & Molly" in the aftermath of the Oklahoma tornados, due to similarities between the events and the episode's storyline.
- Skill-Based Gaming Heating Up, Especially In Daily Fantasy Sports
- How Market Leadership Enables This Company to Earn Outsized Profits
- Gannett Soars on $1.5 Billion Broadcast Deal
- Why Does Billionaire Ken Griffin Love Mickey Mouse?
- Daily Fantasy Sports - A High Growth Opportunity, In A Low Growth Economy
- Is Starz Finally An M&A Star?
- Launches and Improved Ratings Mark a Promising Future for Broadcasting Companies - Research Report on Pandora Media, Sirius XM Radio, CBS, Scripps Networks Interactive, and Sinclair Broadcast Group
- Ray Hopkins Named President Of Television Networks Distribution, CBS Corporation
- Joseph Ianniello Named Chief Operating Officer Of CBS Corporation
- CBS Corporation To Report Second Quarter 2013 Results On Wednesday, July 31
- CBS Corporation Wholly Acquires TV Guide Digital, Including TVGuide.com and TV Guide Mobile
- TVGN is the New Home for BIG BROTHER: AFTER DARK
- CBS Corporation Executive Vice President And Chief Financial Officer Joseph Ianniello To Participate In The Bank Of America Merrill Lynch Global Telecom & Media Conference
- CBS Corporation Announces Quarterly Dividend
- CBS Corporation Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Joseph Ianniello To Participate In The 14th Annual B. Riley & Co. Investor Conference
- CBS Corporation Reports First Quarter 2013 Results