News: Carnival Corp (CCL.N)
6 Dec 2013
Sept 25 - U.S. stocks were little changed on Wednesday, with the S&P 500 facing a possible fifth straight day of declines, as the lack of progress in Washington threatened a government shutdown in just six days. The Dow Jones industrial average fell 14.83 points or 0.1 percent, to 15,319.76, the S&P 500 gained 0.73 points or 0.04 percent, to 1,698.15 and the Nasdaq Composite added 8.057 points or 0.21 percent, to 3,776.311.
* FTSEurofirst 300 down 0.3 pct, Euro STOXX 50 dips 0.4 pct
LONDON, Sept 25 - European shares edged lower early on Wednesday, with a sharp decline in shares of the world's largest cruise operator, Carnival Corp, dragging down the European travel and leisure sector.
- Carnival Corp warned it could report an adjusted loss for the current quarter, after posting a 30 percent fall in third-quarter profit due to a series of headline-grabbing mishaps on its cruise ships.
Sept 24 - Carnival Corp warned it could report an adjusted loss for the current quarter, after posting a 30 percent fall in third-quarter profit due to a series of headline-grabbing mishaps on its cruise ships.
LONDON - Carnival Corp said it will take up to three years for its Costa brand to recover its reputation and profitability after its Concordia ship sank off the Italian coast last year.
* Shares rise 5 percent (Adds analyst quote, closing share price)
LONDON, June 25 - Soothing words from central bankers in China and the United States calmed investors on Tuesday and contributed to European shares bouncing off seven-month lows.
MIAMI, June 13 - The Carnival Triumph cruise ship returned to service on Thursday, four months after an engine room left 4,000 passengers and crew adrift in the Gulf of Mexico without electricity and adequate sanitation.
- Is Carnival Sailing Into Calmer Waters?
- The Battle Of The Cruise Lines: Carnival Vs. Royal Vs. Norwegian
- How You Can Cash In On China
- Cramer's Lightning Round - You Will See Profit Taking In Netflix (10/7/13)
- Carnival Corporation: Buy Signals Can Surface
- Carnival: Latest Sell-Off Might Create A Long-Term Opportunity
- Carnival Corporation And The Miami HEAT Donation Will Exceed $1.5 Million For Philippine Typhoon Relief Efforts
- Emmy® Award-Winning Choreographer and Pro Dancer Derek Hough to Sail on Holland America Line's 'Dancing with the Stars: At Sea' Champions Cruise Jan. 12, 2014
- Carnival Cruise Lines Announces New American TABLE And American FEAST Dinner Concepts
- Carnival Corporation & plc Announces Exchange Rate for Quarterly Dividend
- Early Briefing and Review: Carnival Corp., Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd, Brinker Intl. Inc., and Darden Restaurants Inc.
- Holland America Line Extends 'Dancing with the Stars: At Sea' Throughout 2014 Sailing Season
- Holland America Line Expands World-Class B.B. King's Blues Club Experience To Five Ships In 2014
- Holland America Line's Culinary Arts Center To Host More Than 50 Celebrated Chefs And Experts In 2014
- Carnival Sunshine Sails On Inaugural Voyage From New Orleans Today; Six-Day Cruise Kicks Off Winter Schedule From Big Easy
- Board Meetings, Stock Price Movements, Philanthropic Activities and Partnerships and Expansions - Research Report on Wynn, Las Vegas Sands, Carnival, Marriott, and Starwood Hotels & Resorts