News: CNOOC Ltd (CEO.N)
Fri, Oct 17 2014
DAR ES SALAAM, Oct 17 - Tanzania is in final stages of evaluating bids for oil and gas blocks it offered in its latest bidding round and plans to pick the winners before the end of this year, its upstream regulator said on Friday.
RIO DE JANEIRO, Sept 18 - Brazil's state-run oil company, Petroleo Brasileiro SA, will sign a contract to build and lease a floating production ship for its giant Libra offshore project this month, company Chief Executive Maria das Gracas Foster said on Thursday.
BEIJING - China responded cautiously on Thursday to a call by U.S. President Barack Obama for a broad coalition to root out Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria, saying the world should fight terror but that the sovereignty of countries must be respected.
BEIJING, Sept 11 - China responded cautiously on Thursday to a call by U.S. President Barack Obama for a broad coalition to root out Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria, saying the world should fight terror but that the sovereignty of countries must be respected.
HONG KONG, Aug 28 - State-run Chinese offshore oil and gas producer CNOOC Ltd reported a 2.3 percent drop in its first-half net profit due to a surge in production costs, but the fall was less than analysts had forecast.
(The Day Ahead is an email and PDF publication that includes the day's major stories and events, analyses and other features. To receive The Day Ahead, Eikon users can register at . Thomson One users can register at RT/DAY/US. All times in ET/GMT) WEEK AHEAD The benchmark Standard & Poor's 500 Index, which has been setting a series of records all year, is expected to hit the 2,000-points milestone next week. Investors and economists, however, are also keeping close watch of escalating tensi
LA PAZ, Aug 21 - Argentina-based Pan American Energy has agreed to accept less than 30 percent of the $1.49 billion it demanded from Bolivia as compensation for the 2009 nationalization of a subsidiary, the Andean nation's state attorney general said on Thursday.
* Net profit rises to $1.1 bln, meets forecasts (Adds CEO, analyst comments)
HONG KONG, Aug 18 - A new Chinese petrochemical plant plans to use rising exports of U.S. liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), part of the shale boom, as a cost-saving feedstock, joining other plants on China's east coast.
Aug 18 - The following are the top stories from selected Canadian newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
- How Cnooc, PetroChina May Benefit From Disputed South China Sea
- 6 Cheapest Stocks With Dividend Yields Over 2%
- Swimming Upstream To Beat The Market
- High Yield, Single Digit PE Dividend Stocks
- Inter Pipeline: This Dividend Growth Company Is On A Tear And It's Not Over Yet
- RIP James Wang - Unfortunate End To Oceanstone's Outperformance
- A New Deepwater Gas Discovery in Gabon<0883.HK>
- Enping 24-2 Oilfield Commences Production<0883.HK>
- Steady Development with Solid Performance in 1H 2014<0883.HK>
- Wenchang 13-6 Oilfield Commences Production<0883.HK>
- Panyu 10-2/5/8 Project Starts Production<0883.HK>
- CNOOC Limited Announces Lishui 36-1 Gas Field Starts Production<0883.HK>
- Upcoming Earnings, Acquisitions, Production Sharing Agreements, Cash Distributions, and Notes Offering - Analyst Notes on Diamond Offshore Drilling, Patterson-UTI, CNOOC Limited, BreitBurn and MRD
- CNOOC Signed PSC with Eni<0883.HK>
- Awards, Agreements, Appointments, and Productions - Analyst Notes on Pan American, Sasol, Approach Resources, CNOOC and Swift Energy
- Kenli 3-2 Oilfields Start Production<0883.HK>