News: Capital One Financial Corp (COF)
12 Dec 2013
Sun, Dec 1 2013
NEW YORK - Shares of credit card issuer Capital One Financial could jump 40 percent in the next three years, according to a report in financial weekly Barron's on Sunday.
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) CHICAGO, October 18 (Fitch) Capital One Financial's (COF) third quarter 2013 (3Q13) earnings were essentially unchanged from the sequential quarter and modestly lower from the year-ago quarter. Nevertheless, Fitch Ratings views COF's return on average assets (ROA) in 3Q13 of 1.53% as good and notes that it compares favorably to some peer banks. Overall revenue was essentially flat from the linked quarter with both flat net interest
- Capital One Financial Corp posted a quarterly profit that beat Wall Street estimates after setting aside less money to cover credit card defaults, sending its shares up 2 percent after the bell.
Oct 17 - Capital One Financial Corp posted a quarterly profit that beat Wall Street estimates after setting aside less money to cover credit card defaults, sending its shares up 2 percent after the bell.
- Capital One Financial Corp reported a quarterly profit that beat Wall Street estimates after setting aside less money to cover credit card defaults, sending its shares up 2 percent after the bell.
Oct 17 - Capital One Financial Corp reported a 6.3 percent fall in quarterly profit as the company earned lower interest income on deposits.
Sept 16 - Delinquency rates fell at most major U.S. banks for August as more consumers continued to keep up with their bill payments. Delinquency rates, however, rose for Capital One Financial and Discover Financial. Credit card charge-offs have fallen, except for JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America and Capital One Financial.
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) CHICAGO, July 19 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings believes Capital One Financial's (COF) solid 2Q'13 earnings performance benefited from a sizable reserve release in the quarter, though core earnings remained good. COF's Fitch calculated return on average assets (ROA) was 1.50%, 27 basis points of which are attributable to the $199 million reserve release. Excluding this, the Fitch calculated ROA would have been 1.23%, which is still good,
July 18 - A gradual recovery in U.S. consumer spending helped Capital One Financial Corp to raise net interest income from its credit card business in the second quarter and beat Wall Street forecasts on earnings.
- Credit card issuer Capital One Financial Corp said it would buy back shares worth up to $1 billion after it completed the sale of its Best Buy Co Inc portfolio.
- Capital One Financial's CEO Presents at Goldman Sachs Financial Services Conference (Transcript)
- Stocks Thrice Blessed For Technical Strength
- The Most Risk-Averse Recovery Ever
- A Million Dollars Just Isn't What It Used To Be (Part 1)
- 5 Long-Term Stock Plays on Consumer Rebound From FBR
- Must-See Chart: 'Worst' Big Bank Stocks of 2013
- Capital One Recognized as One of America’s Top 50 Community-Minded Companies by Bloomberg, National Conference on Citizenship and Points of Light
- Share Price Updates, Presentation Schedules, and Campaigns - Research Report on Visa, American Express, MasterCard, Capital One, and Discover
- Before the Bell Scans: Capital One Financial Corp., PHH Corp., Total System Services Inc., and Equifax Inc.
- Keeping it Simple is Key for a Rewarding Holiday Season
- Announcements, Recognitions, Launches and Holiday Tips by Credit Services Companies - Research Report on MasterCard, Capital One, Western Union, Discover Financial, and Sallie Mae
- Capital One Named 2014 Top 100 Military Friendly Employer By G.I. Jobs
- Launches, Disaster Relief Efforts, Senior Secured Credit Facilities, and Charitable Organization Grants - Research Report on MasterCard, Capital One Financial, Western Union, CIT, and SLM
- Dream Big, Enter to Win Big: 'What are you #Saving4?' Contest from Capital One 360 Awards Cash to Dreamers
- Count Me In and Capital One Host National Conference to Help Women Veteran Business Owners Create New Jobs and Contribute to Economic Growth in Communities Nationwide
- Recognitions, Financial Results, Dividends and Announcements from Financial Companies - Research Report on Realogy, Morgan Stanley, MasterCard, BNY Mellon, and Capital One Financial