Coty Inc (COTY.N)
25 May 2017
Wed, May 10 2017
Beauty products maker Coty Inc reported higher-than-expected quarterly profit and sales, helped by strong demand for labels such as Calvin Klein as well as for recently acquired brands ghd and Younique.
* Shares set for best one-day pct gain in 15 months (Adds details, CEO comment; updates shares)
May 10 Beauty products maker Coty Inc reported a bigger quarterly loss, hurt by restructuring charges related to the integration of the beauty business it acquired from Procter & Gamble Co.
* Q3 earnings per share view $0.13, revenue view $1.94 billion -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Sets quarterly cash dividend of $0.125per share Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
LONDON British luxury brand Burberry has agreed to license its fragrances and cosmetics business to Coty for $162 million, plus a $63 million payment for inventory, in a deal that will help it develop new products and give it the benefit of the U.S. group's extensive distribution network.
* Shares up 1 pct (Adds CFO comments, analyst reaction, shares)
LONDON, April 3 British luxury brand Burberry said on Monday it would transfer its beauty business to U.S. group Coty in a deal that will bring in around $225 million plus ongoing royalty payments in a bid to revitalise the division.
* Entered agreement to acquire exclusive long-term global license rights for Burberry beauty luxury fragrances, cosmetics and skincare
LUXEMBOURG German beauty products maker Coty rejected claims that its distribution policies imply a blanket ban on online sales, arguing that its main concern was to safeguard the cachet of its luxury brands such as Marc Jacobs, Calvin Klein and Chloe.
- Coty, Inc.: Shares Rocket Higher, But What Is Next?
- Coty (COTY) Q3 2017 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- U.S. Retailers And Restaurants See Slow Q1 Growth
- 5 Reasons Investors Should Own More Mid-Cap Stocks
- Coty, Inc.: Short Sellers Are In Control For Now (But Insiders Know Better)
- The Market Is Going To Fall - My Dividend Growth Shopping List