Calpine Corp (CPN.N)
18 Aug 2017
U.S. power producer Calpine Corp said it would sell itself to a group of investors led by Energy Capital Partners for $5.6 billion, as the debt-laden company struggles with depressed natural gas prices.
* Calpine shares hit one-year high (Adds analyst comment, background; updates shares)
* Canada Pension Plan Investment Board signs agreement to acquire stake in Calpine Corporation
* Calpine agrees to be acquired by investor consortium led by Energy Capital Partners
Aug 18 Independent power producer Calpine Corp said it agreed to be acquired by a consortium of investors led by Energy Capital Partners for $5.6 billion.
* Calpine reports second quarter 2017 results and reaffirms 2017 guidance
Energy Capital Partners LLC is in advanced talks to buy power producer Calpine Corp , Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
July 26 Energy Capital Partners LLC is in advanced talks to buy power producer Calpine Corp, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
Power producer Calpine Corp is exploring a sale and is working with investment bankers at Lazard Ltd to find possible buyers, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday.
- Wall Street Breakfast: AT&T On The Brink Of A Mega Deal
- Tracking David Einhorn's Portfolio - Q2 2017 Update
- Guess The Target: AES, Calpine, Dynegy, NRG?
- Calpine Corporation 2017 Q2 - Results - Earnings Call Slides
- Calpine (CPN) Q2 2017 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Calpine Corporation 2017 Q1 - Results - Earnings Call Slides