Cree Inc (CREE.O)
27 Mar 2017
Wed, Mar 22 2017
* Cree Inc- in exchange, Ledvance will receive a license to Cree's extensive portfolio of patents related to led light bulbs and LED luminaires
* Cree Inc says will be reintegrating Wolfspeed business into Cree
U.S. LED lighting maker Cree Inc said it would terminate a deal to sell its Wolfspeed Power and RF division to German chipmaker Infineon Technologies AG , citing security concerns raised by the U.S. government.
Feb 16 U.S. LED lighting maker Cree Inc said it would terminate a deal to sell its Wolfspeed Power and RF division to German chipmaker Infineon Technologies AG , citing security concerns raised by the U.S. government.
* Cree announces termination of Wolfspeed and Infineon sale transaction
MUNICH Infineon does not expect to be able to salvage its $850 million purchase of Cree's Wolfspeed Power, which is under U.S. scrutiny over unspecified government security concerns, the German chipmaker said on Thursday.
* Infineon shares up 0.2 pct, erasing earlier gains (Rewrites, adds more comments, background, updates shares)
German chipmaker Infineon Technologies AG and U.S. LED lighting maker Cree Inc warned on Wednesday that Cree's agreed $850 million sale of its Wolfspeed Power unit to Infineon might not go ahead, citing U.S. government security concerns.
* U.S. blocked takeover of Germany's Aixtron last year (Adds background on previous blocked deals by CFIUS, details on chemical compounds)
FRANKFURT, Feb 8 German chipmaker Infineon and U.S. LED lighting maker Cree warned that Cree's planned sale of Wolfspeed Power and RF to Infineon might not go ahead, citing security concerns by the U.S. government.
- Q4 Update: The LED Sector May Light Up As Product Prices Decline
- LED Lighting And The Connected Ceiling: How To Profit In A New Paradigm
- Cree's [CREE] CEO A - Chuck Swoboda on Q2 2017 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- The LED Sector May Light Up As Product Prices Decline
- Backtesting 101, Part 4: Frictional Costs, To Hedge Or Not To Hedge, And Benchmarks
- Orion Energy Systems: Micro-Cap Ready To Breakout