News: Cisco Systems Inc (CSCO.O)
22 Sep 2014
Fri, Sep 12 2014
TIANJIN CHINA - The sheer size of the Chinese market is so alluring to Western companies that even pro-internet freedom firms like CloudFlare may have to put moral outrage to the side in their pursuit of new business.
TIANJIN, CHINA Sept 12 - The sheer size of the Chinese market is so alluring to Western companies that even pro-internet freedom firms like CloudFlare may have to put moral outrage to the side in their pursuit of new business.
LAS VEGAS - Regulating internet providers more like public utility companies could hurt the Internet and the U.S. economy, more than two dozen network technology and equipment makers have told U.S. Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker.
- Network equipment maker Cisco Systems Inc said on Thursday its plan to slash 6,000 jobs will result in restructuring charges of $700 million in cash in the year ending July 2015.
- Cisco Systems Inc forecast tepid current-quarter results and said it plans to cut another 6,000 jobs, as the network equipment maker works through a transition toward a new cycle of high-end switches and routers.
- Network equipment maker Cisco Systems Inc said it would take restructuring charges of $700 million in cash in the year ending July 2015 related to its plan to cut 6,000 jobs.
(Adds analyst quote, background on CEO and on company history)
* Dow up 0.1 pct, S&P and Nasdaq up 0.2 pct (Updates to market open)
* Dow down 2 pts, S&P down 0.5 pt, Nasdaq up 1.25 pt (Updates prices, adds economic data and Putin comments)
NEW YORK, Aug 14 - U.S. stock index futures edged higher on Thursday, with investors reluctant to make big bets following a sharp rally in the previous session and amid signs of weak conditions in Europe.
- Why EMC (EMC) Stock Hit a One-Year High Today
- Today's Market: Takeover Speculation Running Rampant
- Wall Street Breakfast: Siemens To Acquire Dresser-Rand For $7.6B
- InsiderInsights.com Daily Round Up 9/20/14: OPK, RSG, VHC, GMAN
- Insider Buys And Sells: Miller Energy, Cisco Systems
- Why Cisco Shares Are Undervalued By 35%
- Former President Clinton and Chelsea Clinton Announce National Service Alliance Commitment Championed by General Stanley McChrystal and Chelsea Clinton on CGI Main Stage
- Technical Coverage on Communications Equipment Stocks - Cisco Systems, Ruckus Wireless, Sonus Networks, Infinera, and DragonWave
- Cisco at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2014: Transforming Through Innovation
- Cisco Delivers New Gigabit-Tier Technology
- Belgacom Expands Relationship With Cisco to Offer Innovative Mobile Internet Services
- Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire Metacloud
- Cisco and Telefonica Deliver a Platform for Testing Advanced Converged Networks Leveraging Software Defined Networking and Open, Standards-Based Capabilities
- Cisco Brings Internet of Everything (IoE) Innovation Center to Berlin
- Cisco Unveils Industry's First Threat-Focused Next-Generation Firewall
- A+E Networks(R) and Cisco Collaborate on Rating Technology for N-Screen TV